To lead and coordinate an assessment related to how the Corporation can transition from paper to digital HR and Payroll “Employee Records”. This includes engaging stakeholders from HR, Payroll, Records Management Services, IT, Legal and Audit. This role will also be responsible for building a potential budget request and support business case.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Records Management Services, the successful candidate will:
- Document records requirements, sources and elements for HR and Payroll employee records.
- Build future state records and data framework or model.
- Prepare business case and business request
- Identify digital transition issues, risks and dependencies.
- Develop and understand the technical and functional details of relevant systems new systems including infrastructure and financial models;
- Conduct market research and evaluate functionality, fit and viability of potential solutions and tools.
- Develop benchmarks and performance measures
- Perform gap analysis for the development of new business processes and work flows that support client requirements;
- Build future digital transition strategy road map and plan
- Lead and assist with the development of long-term strategies and future potential procurement documents, project charters, project plans, and other related documents;
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement in the business areas and the organization;
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration, IT, Commerce, or a related discipline with 3-5 years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- CBAP, CAPM, CCBA, PMP, or other business analysis/project management designation is preferred
- Experience with information management requirements, best practices and procedures
- Experience in understanding Human Resources and Payroll transactional processes and requirements
- Understanding of information systems required
- Experience and knowledge of SAP application beneficial
- Understanding of budgeting and business planning processes is an asset
- Experience in facilitation, presentation, and documentation of technical and end-user requirements, business process specification development, report development, and development and execution of quality assurance plans, in accordance with recognized best practices (BABOK) is preferred
- Previous experience on business process improvement projects, documented and analyzed business processes, calculated benefits for proposed changes, presented solutions, and developed final deliverables
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving ability supported by project management experience, team leadership and facilitation capabilities
- Ability to translate client requirements into system tools and modify work practices and models to blend system requirements with operational and digitization needs, to ensure best match of system capabilities with business requirements
- Demonstrated competency to evaluate and recommend business processes, benchmarking, and performance metrics is an asset
Hourly Rate/Salary: 43.54 - 63.16
Hours of Work: 35 hrs
Work Location: Civic Centre
Organization Unit: CPS/Records Mngment Services
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Office of the City Clerk , Records Mngment Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.