Reporting to the Manager - Business Development you will provide timely and accurate administrative support to the 5 teams in the Business Development section. Using advanced computer skills and strong organization abilities, aids in the efficient day-to-day operation of the 5 teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the 5 teams in the Business Development section
- Coordinating meetings / all logistics / facility bookings on behalf of Managers and Supervisors;
- Attend meetings as requested to document discussion and action items. Distribute to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Coordination of ordering of team supplies and tracking of teams annual supplies budget
- Editing correspondence in response to resident and customer questions and comments
- Respond to inquiries from staff, public and Councillors on sectional related matters, both verbally and in written form
- Manage outlook emails and calendars
- Prepare and edit correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, Corporate Reports and others as needed.
- Review and update existing processes/templates to maximize efficiencies
- Post and edit information on the City’s intranet site and help support internal information and communications
- Manage the corporate calendar for BDMT and update bi-weekly posting to Inside Mississauga.
- Maintain the BDMT strategic and business plans and update as appropriate
- Use MiProject (Sharepoint Site) to track departmental initiatives and record updates on a timely basis
- Enter payroll data into SAP Time & Labour;
- Assist with special projects and event coordination such as needed.
- Assist the Manager with the coordination of LT and Council reports in the Agenda Management software program.
- Perform complex editing operations using Microsoft programs;
- Maintain the Business Development team records as required;
- Provide back up support to other divisional administrative staff;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or related field, with a minimum of three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, elected officials, and members of public and outside agencies.
- Co-ordinating meetings and electronic appointment scheduling;
- Experience using popular social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong planning and organizational abilities and minute taking skills an asset;
- Ability to input and track time and labour entries;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the support team; Strong ability to multi-task and deal effectively with all levels of staff and the public. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) are required; experience with SAP, SharePoint, Agenda Management System is preferred
- Experience processing Time and Labour in SAP is an asset
- Experience preparing reports, proofreading and editing professional correspondence
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients, external agencies, Councillors, senior management, different levels of government, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong planning and organizational ability; to accomplish a variety of tasks, sometimes with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Strong customer service and people management skills
- Proven team player with ability to manage conflict and effectively deal with difficult situations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must work effectively with minimum of direction or within a team setting
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 46,450.00 - $ 61,934.00
Hours of Work: 35/week
Work Location: Semenyk Court
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Mississauga Transit , MT Business Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.