The City of Medicine Hat Information and Computer Services department is looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Analyst to join their team and provide technical leadership and expertise for the City’s database environments. This role is responsible for leading the analysis, design, implementation, managing and optimizing of databases and related systems in a complex IT environment. With a focus on database administration, some of the key responsibilities include:
- Defining strategy and roadmap
- Software installation and maintenance
- Extraction, transformation and loading
- User account administration
- Capacity planning
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Issue and problem resolution
- Backup and restoration
As our ideal candidate, you have senior level database administration experience with Oracle and SQL Servers, and experience managing the following core information technologies: Windows & Linux Servers, VMware server/storage virtualization, Microsoft AD and network data storage systems. You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with clients and stakeholders to understand and advocate for appropriate technology solutions, provide direction, information and recommendations regarding database services.
- Computer Technology Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Five (5) years related experience as an IT Database Administrator, IT Systems Analyst (or similar) position,
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Relevant industry certifications (such as Oracle Database Administrator, Microsoft SQL Server certifications)
- Experience supporting infrastructure for business systems: Unit4 Business World; Cityworks; CityView or OnBase
- Knowledge of methodologies such as DevOps; Agile; Scrum
- Experience directly supporting software solutions for High Availability (HA) such as Oracle DataGuard, Oracle ASM, Oracle DB Firewall, clustering for MS SQL databases
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a competitive compensation, extended health and vision benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth. The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
are invited to submit a resume to Competition #19016A
Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.