Applications are now being accepted for the position mentioned above in the Operations Department, Community & Fire Services Commission. To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line by February 2, 2020
Contract period: Until April 17, 2020
These positions are guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours per week and may be scheduled up to a maximum of 48 hours per week (no more than 13 hours per day). You will be assigned to one of two 4-day shifts: Sunday until Tuesday and every second Wednesday, or Thursday to Saturday plus every other Wednesday. Must be available for call-out within one hour, and for rotating standby shifts. Hours of work will vary. This position will not exceed 115 days of employment.
Reporting to the Working Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing assistance as a member of a crew involved in sidewalk winter maintenance to meet our winter level of service.
- You will be responsible to maintain a designated geographical sidewalk route in accordance with our standard operation procedures. You will be required to operate various sidewalk tractor units for plowing, sanding and/or snowblowing activities.
- Backup to Operations Roads and Parks Labourers Drivers as needed
- Perform sidewalk inspection as per Minimum Maintenance Standard
- Set up and take down of various signage, and or safety devices
- Responsible for traffic set up for construction projects in accordance with Book 7
- Litter/Debris pick up
- Minor trimming of trees and shrubs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in grounds or winter maintenance. Winter maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience in the operations of various grounds maintenance equipment used for sidewalk winter maintenance such as four wheel drive tractors, municipal type tractors, snowplows, snow blowers and sanders
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Good customer service skills
- Minimum G Driver's License in good standing
- A clean drivers abstract (no demerit points and no more than one moving infraction and one non-moving infraction)
- DZ license in good standing an asset
- Able to perform the essential duties job including heavy lifting
- Other duties as assigned
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example.
We thank all applicants who have applied, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.