Applications are being accepted for the regular full-time Parks Development Coordinator Position in the Planning and Urban Design Department, Development Services Commissions. While all applications will be received, current members of CUPE 905 (Inside Workers) will receive first consideration. Please apply on-line by January 21, 2020.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Park Development, you will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the development of selected new park lands, as assigned, within the City of Markham. Duties include the hiring of consultants; review of design and construction drawings and tender documents; project and budget administration; contract management; site inspection; and report writing. You will be required to liaise with Councillors and staff, residents and external agencies, and supervise private consultants to ensure compliance with City standards and design objectives.
- Coordinating and overseeing the development of selected park lands, as assigned, within the City of Markham
- Hiring consultants
- Reviewing designs and construction drawings and tender documents
- Administration of all projects and related budgets associated with those projects including tracking project budgets and expenditures including commitments, change orders, progress payments and Purchase Order adjustments, etc. as required
- Management of all contracts associated with assigned projects
- Perform site visits on all projects and complete site inspections for compliance and assumption
- Prepare reports to Committee’s and Council
- Liaise with Council Members, staff, residents and external agencies.
- Supervise private consultants to ensure compliance with City standards and design objectives
- Degree in Landscape Architecture, or equivalent academic qualifications as recognized by the Ontario Association of Landscape architects to qualify for Full Membership.
- Full member, in good standing of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects, and maintenance of full membership in good standing of the OALA, or qualified to obtain full member status within 5 months of employment
- Must have three to five years experience of related design, construction, and contract administration experience, preferably within a municipal setting or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated computer experience and knowledge including all Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to multi task in fast paced working environments
- Good working knowledge of general office equipment
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence, and maintenance of valid Ontario Class G driver's licence, and the use of a personal vehicle for business purposes. As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example.
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.