Applications are now being accepted for Marketing & Communication Assistant (Inside Union, 4) position in Economic Growth, Culture and Entrepreneurship, Development Services. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line by December 15, 2019.
Location: Flato Markham Theatre
Reporting to the Marketing and Box Office Coordinator, the Marketing & Communications Assistant provides a range of administrative services that supports the marketing, communications, public relations, and promotion of performances and other theatre activities/events, including development, education and outreach programs.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Marketing and Box Office Coordinator and the Marketing Department in the preparation and implementation of event marketing to support the marketing goals and objectives, promotions, community outreach and research and ticket sales analysis to support the Business and Marketing Plans. This includes, but not limited to, the preparation and distribution of all collateral including, publications, documentation, reports, worksheets, announcements, correspondence and proposals for both internal and external clients.
- Provide administrative support and attendance for all theatre-related and public relations related events, including, but not limited to, the annual Season Launch, Annual Discovery Gala, Unionville Festival, Children’s Festival, etc.
- Work with the creative designer and Marketing team to order and review all marketing materials and ads. Provide marketing and other materials to clients, prospective partners, community groups and others as requested including the pre-show PowerPoint presentations and research, obtain and submit the necessary show and program information to the creative designer and the Editor of A&E magazine/house program.
- Assist with input of data to support the daily, monthly, quarterly, yearly metrics reporting. This includes working with the Theatre’s CRM system, AudienceView, as well as, maintaining and updating databases including, Media, PR list, Markham Performing Arts Awards, Sponsorship/partnership and donations.
- Assist in content development, writing and distributing press releases. Follow-up with media and ensure articles are published and archive where appropriate.
- Monitor and update content information on Markham Theatre website (on the AudienceView platform) and assist with social media channels and e-blasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years experience in a related field and college/university degree/diploma preferably in communications, marketing, event planning or a related discipline.
- Superior computer skills, excels at MailChimp or related software, proficient in Photshop/InDesign or comparable software, fully comfortable and can work independently with various social media platforms.
- Must have excellent communication with a proven ability to multi-task.
- Must be comfortable on the phone making cold calls and following up with media.
- Comfortable with AudienceView, or related CRM system, as well as the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example.