The City of Maple Valley Finance Department seeks to hire a full-time, Temporary Finance Intern.
The Finance Intern position is responsible for providing support to Finance Staff, including providing support for accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipting, and payroll processing and other duties as listed below.
In addition to other job responsibilities, this position will:
- Fulfill auditor document requests
- Enter cash receipts (State of WA, KC Remittance, grants, & other wires)
- Audit cash receipting
- Perform 1st review of Accounts Payable
- Support the entry of Accounts Payable invoices
- Help with budget software implementation
- Shadow bank reconciliation
- Records management
- Accounts Receivable – run time & attendance reports
- Accounts Receivable – fire permits
- Prepare Audit Committee packet
- Budget Amendment Preparation
- Budget vs Actual Quarterly Report Spreadsheets
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements:
(Please view the full job description for a complete list)
- Competency in personal computer skills including the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets
- Knowledge of double-entry accounting principles and practices
- Ability to work under pressure and with interruptions on multiple tasks with a variety of deadlines
- Ability to operate 10 key calculators, copiers and fax machines
- Ability to organize and maintain records and filing systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, using tact, discretion, and courtesy
- Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions
- Ability to work on City issues confidentially and with discretion
- Ability to problem-solve and effectively manage projects
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Accounting or closely related field
This is a full-time, temporary position expected to last no longer than 5 months, Salary Range: $17.00/hr. – $20.00/hr. DOE. There are no benefits associated with this position.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment, resume, and cover letter must be submitted. Applications may be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is Open Until Filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer