The City of Maple Ridge is seeking applications from accomplished, results oriented professionals to serve in the capacity of Director of Economic Development. Reporting to the General Manager: Public Works & Development Services, the Director of Economic Development & Civic Properties is a highly visible professional who will lead efforts in facilitating, promoting and enhancing economic development across the community. The job involves significant contact with the local business community, industries and government agencies as well as responsibility for data research gathering and application. Your considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of economic development and expansion as applied to the planning, design and development of municipal, commercial and industrial growth, positions you to provide best advice to existing and potential businesses on business plan development and financing and on the municipal requirements for establishing or expanding a business.The successful applicant will have five or more years of increasingly responsible experience in public or private sector economic or business development including experience in a supervisory capacity. Your proven track record in business attraction, growth and development will be supplemented by a degree in business or economics including experience with statistical analysis and marketing.More information on this opportunity is available on the City’s website at www.mapleridge.ca.Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the municipal pension plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth. As one of the fastest growing Municipalities in the region, this management position presents an amazing opportunity for an individual who wants to help shape a growing community.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of economic development; business attraction and expansion as applied to the planning, design and development of municipal, commercial and industrial growth;
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of property management including property acquisition and disposition;
- Ability to establish and maintain highly effective relationships with City officials, community groups, businesses, department heads, staff and the general public;
- Considerable knowledge of the fundamentals involved in the preparation of business plans;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through the ability to facilitate, mediate, network, research, analyze and resolve issues;
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise, evaluate work of team members, including the ability to motivate and enable the career development of team members; to set work measurement and productivity standards and to evaluate employee performance;
- Strong customer service skills and excellent communication skills, both oral and written, which includes preparation of research and statistical reports;
- Ability to speak effectively to groups and associations and meet and deal effectively with a variety of internal and external groups, associations, officials and representatives;
- Considerable knowledge of the fundamentals involved in the preparation of business plans and business growth/marketing strategies;
- Ability to analyze business financial statements and draw conclusions on the strengths and opportunities of the business;
- Strong customer service skills and excellent communications, both oral and written;
- Ability to maintain complex systems and related documentation.