Examination Weight: Multiple-Choice Test . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100%
The examination will consist entirely of a weighted multiple-choice test administered and proctored online. In the online multiple-choice test, the following competencies may be evaluated: Analytical Ability, Interpersonal Skills, Teamwork, Written Communication, and Technology Application, including: office productivity tools and/or software; local area network (LAN) configurations and communication protocols; computer hardware and their use, networking devices, and software tools; various operating systems including their use, interoperability, capabilities, and limitations; basic principles and concepts of database design; systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodology including the associated steps and phases; cloud-based computing services and their use; disaster recovery systems, procedures, and/or best practices; Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and methodologies; and other necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities.
The multiple-choice test will be proctored and administered on-line during a single session. Candidates invited to participate in the on-line multiple-choice test will be able to take the test from a remote location using a computer with a webcam and a reliable internet connection. Candidates will receive an e-mail from the City of Los Angeles outlining the dates and specific steps on how to take the multiple-choice test on-line. It is anticipated that the next remote proctored multiple-choice test will be administered between MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2019 and MONDAY, MARCH 4, 2019.
Candidates who do not complete and submit the multiple-choice test on-line using a computer by the specified date and time will not be considered further in this examination. Additional test dates may be added as needed.
Additional job analysis information can be obtained by going to http://per.lacity.org/index.cfm?content=jobanalyses and clicking on Competencies under Systems Analyst. Additional on-line testing information can be obtained by going to http://per.lacity.org/index.cfm?content=employmenttestingprocess. Candidates who do not have the required equipment may have the option to take the multiple-choice test onsite at a City facility.
- This examination is based on a validation study.
- As a covered entity under the Fair Employment and Housing Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. To request a disability accommodation, please complete the Disability Accommodation Form within 14 calendar days of the submittal of the City application. The Disability Accommodation Form can be obtained at http://per.lacity.org/exams/verify_disability.pdf (Download PDF reader).
- Applications are accepted subject to review to ensure that minimum qualifications are met. Candidates may be disqualified at any time if it is determined that they do not possess the minimum qualifications stated on this bulletin.
- A final average score of 70% or higher is required to be placed on the eligible list.
- In conjunction with Civil Service Rules, applicants who have received a regular appointment to a City position or are on a reserve list will be considered Promotional candidates while all other applicants will be considered Open candidates.
- The promotional list will ordinarily be used ahead of the open competitive list. However, if open competitive candidates receive a higher score, without military credits, than the highest available promotional candidate, after adding 0.25 of a point seniority credit for each year of continuous classified City service, the Civil Service Commission, upon request of the appointing authority, may approve certification of such open competitive candidates ahead of the promotional candidates.
- You may take the Systems Analyst multiple-choice test only once every 365 days.
- Your name may be removed from the open competitive list after six (6) months.
- Your rank on the employment list may change as scores of candidates from other administrations of the examination are merged onto one list.
- In accordance with Civil Service Rule, Sec. 4.24, review periods may be combined. Candidates in the examination process may file protests as provided in Sec. 4.20, 4.22 and 4.23 as applicable and within the required time frame; however, the Personnel Department may respond to and resolve protests prior to the establishment of the eligible list.
If you receive and accept an offer of employment to a regular position with the City of Los Angeles, your employee benefit coverage (including health and dental coverage as well as life insurance) will commence approximately six weeks after your original regular appointment. Not all positions in the City receive benefit coverage; you should inquire regarding the availability of employee benefits prior to accepting a position.
THIS EXAMINATION IS TO BE GIVEN BOTH ON AN
INTERDEPARTMENTAL PROMOTIONAL AND OPEN COMPETITIVE BASIS
The City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, creed, color, ancestry, medical condition (cancer), or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.