The Port of Long Beach is one of the world's busiest seaports and is a leading gateway for international trade. Credited with moving $180 billion in trade, the Port serves as a critical hub for international commerce and is a major transportation center. Port-related international trade has wide-ranging economic impact, supporting millions of jobs that benefit the region and entire country.
To learn more about the Port of Long Beach, visit our website: www.polb.com
Under the leadership of the Manager of Community Relations, the Port Communications Specialist performs a variety of professional functions for the Communications and Community Relations Division. This position assists with supervision of all Community Relations Interns, manages the Harbor Tour Program, coordinates the Port's promotional item inventory, staffs community events, and interacts with stakeholders and the public on a wide range of community and business matters. The successful incumbent will communicate with a variety of audiences, including residents, the industry, Port employees, the general public and the media to inform, engage and build support for Port operations, goals, projects and programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Under supervision, the incumbent will:
- Participate in the screening and hiring process of college interns, oversee tasks and assignments, coaching and development on a daily basis.
- Serve as Project lead of the Port's outreach and engagement plan; handle the logistics, scheduling and execution.
- Manage the Harbor Tour program that includes training narrators, updating the Narration Guide, and approval or denial of tour requests.
- Coordinate the Port's promotional items, including identifying new products and maintaining inventory.
- Coordinate presentation requests from community and industry stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of relationships with neighborhood and community organizations.
- Narrate harbor and land tours.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently, as needed. S/he will have the ability to establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Excellent customer service, as well as oral and written communications skills are a must. The successful candidate will also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs or a related field required (Experience offering specific and substantial preparation for the duties of the position may be substituted for the required education) AND a minimum of four years of experience working in communications, marketing, journalism or public affairs.
- Local government experience is highly desired but not required.
- A valid California Driver's License
To apply, please click on the "Apply" link and submit your application online. Please be sure to attach a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to your application. Applications must be submitted no later than February 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Port reserves the right to extend the closing date without notice in order to accept additional applications.
Depending upon the number of applicants, the Port may review the applications to determine the most qualified candidates. Those determined most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process.
The Port of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port of Long Beach intends to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If a special accommodation is desired or if you would like to request this information in an alternative format, please call (562) 283-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In support of the City's Language Access Policy, bilingual skills (Spanish, Khmer and/or Tagalog) are desirable for positions interacting with the public. The City of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.
For technical issues with your application, please call (877) 204-4442.