Reports to the Traffic and Transportation Engineer Manager. Acts under the direction of a Senior Transportation Technologist to assist in the coordination of the planning, administration, approval, implementation, and maintenance of various long-range plans, technical studies, designs, agreements, and applications relating to transportation engineering.
- Prepares and assists in the design, operation, and maintenance of the traffic signal infrastructure, computerized traffic signal control systems (C.T.S.C.S.) and street lighting networks.
- Reviews, and recommends for acceptance of various technical studies, designs, drawings, estimates, agreements, applications, proposals or other works submitted by engineering consultants, planners, developers, contractors and others for approval by the Division on behalf of the Department.
- Coordinates reviews and assists in the administration of contracts for design and construction of transportation infrastructure projects prepared by Engineering Consultants.
- Performs field studies required for the identification and analysis of traffic signals and traffic operational problems.
- Performs field studies of travel time surveys and traffic count and speed surveys.
- Recommends revisions, reviews, and updates to the City of London Transportation Guideline Documents and Traffic Calming Policy.
- Assists with the preparation of current and capital budgets, request for proposals, and quotations for transportation planning studies, traffic operations, and the installation of traffic calming measures.
- Maintains and monitors the long-range transportation plan and prepares policies to implement the plan, including revisions to the City's Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw.
- Reviews site plan applications, draft plans, and transportation impact assessment studies to ensure compliance with the City’s Transportation Guidelines, Transportation Master Plan, and the City's Official Plan.
- Represents the Transportation Planning and Design Division at committees and public information centre meetings including environmental assessment studies, transportation and traffic operation studies and traffic calming reviews.
- Resolves traffic engineering and parking issues within specified guidelines and collects and analyses traffic and collision data.
- Prepares Divisional responses pertaining to development applications, site plans and traffic control plans.
- Communicates the transportation planning and traffic engineering aspects of a project effectively when dealing with Professional Engineers, technologists, subdividers, other representatives of the development industry, other City Departments and Divisions, Ministries and the general public.
- Arranges and participates in meetings with other Departmental/Divisional staff, developers, consultants, contractors, police and fire services, individuals and other agencies to plan, discuss and coordinate projects on behalf of the Division/Department as required.
Provides technical guidance and supervision as required.
- Performs related duties as required
Three year Transportation/Traffic Engineering Technology Diploma or a 3 Year Community College Diploma in Civil Engineering plus additional courses in Transportation.
Four years related experience.
Specialized Training and Licenses
Full member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologist (OACETT) or Associate Member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) with full membership as a Certified Engineering Technologist completed within three years.
$49,381 - $71,442 (Level 13)
Current hours of Work: Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
These hours of work are subject to change in accordance with the Collective Agreement and may include evening hours and Saturdays.
NOTE: Applicants may be required to complete a job related test.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check (PIC), dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).