The City of Lake Oswego is searching for dependable, responsible contributors committed to professionalism, excellence and success. The highly rated Finance Department is seeking someone to perform complex accounting tasks in support of city-wide initiatives and financial goals and policies. This position will focus on Capital assets and special projects. This position is represented by the Lake Oswego Municipal Employees' Association/ American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
Key Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists Finance Director with all aspects of finance accounting, journal entry preparation, general ledger review, work paper preparation, and account tracking.
- Assists the Finance Director with tracking and safekeeping the City's capital assets. Includes the preparation of capital asset reports and works with insurance agents to ensure proper insurance levels, claims, coverage, and reporting issues.
- Acts as Accounting Lead for the City's various construction projects and work order tracking. Prepares periodic work order reports and year-end accounting tying out to the City's financial statements.
- Prepares other financial reports as requested by the Finance Director.
- Assists Finance Director with year-end reports, preparation of work papers, and working with auditors.
- Develops and maintains systems and records that provide data for the proper evaluation, control, and documentation of assigned functions
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education and Experience Requirements: Priority consideration will be given to applicants with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field and five years related work experience. Candidates must have strong knowledge of GAAP and the ability to conduct complex financial and policy analyses and research. Top candidates will also be able to maintain complex specialized records and prepare narrative and related reports. This position is subject to mandatory participation in electronic funds transfer (EFT) for payment of net wages (i.e., Direct Deposit or PayCard).
For a complete list of the essential duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete job description at www.ci.oswego.or.us
Supplemental Information: Application Process:
You may visit our web site at www.ci.oswego.or.us to access the online application process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application. The City application must be submitted by: 5:00 P.M. Monday, February 17th, 2020
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women and qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you wish modification of the selection process in order to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing and submit it with your required application materials.