Facilitate the administration and support of the Clevest solution to enhance the clients' business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction and collaboration with Technology Innovation & Services (TIS) and Business Solutions - ERP teams.
Systems Administration and customization
- Maintains specific configuration and customization as required by the lines of business and approved by Business Solutions Management
- Performs system administration and integrity checks and performance analysis to support expected and reliable system functionality
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves system errors and issues
- Investigates, diagnoses and contributes to the solution for system errors requiring Technology Innovation & Services (TIS) support
- Manages system security through the application of role based access according to approved protocols
- Working collaboratively with divisions applies business process and systems knowledge and research in order to recommend and implement solutions for evolving business requirements
- Researches and identifies future system needs and works closely with Business Solutions management and TIS teams to clarify opportunities.
- Assists in the development of business cases and justification for functional system changes
- Researches and recommends integration requirements between Clevest and the ERP Solutions, (SAP) to TIS for development and maintenance purposes
- Develops and maintains system documentation related to in-solution processes and broader application functionality
- Works closely with TIS to implementation of service packs, patches and upgrades
- Liaises with the vendor regarding software releases and issue patches
Troubleshoots and resolves user errors and issues in collaboration with TIS and SAP where required
- Provides advice to divisions concerning system functionality and potential opportunities
- Develops queries and reports to support user requests for information
- Assists the business in the development of training materials and standard operating procedures
- Develop and facilitate training for users
- Facilitate the installation of the system and files by on the approved hardware devices
Business Analysis/Project Management
Elicits, documents and validate business requirements into business and functional requirements in support of system and program development
- Assesses risks and impacts of systems changes and documents recommended approach
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify business scenarios and develop user acceptance test cases for systems changes
- In consultation with stakeholders and in accordance with the annual work plan manages project planning for assigned projects through all phases of the project life cycle
- Liaises with external vendor to provide updates on enhancement projects or system related initiatives
- Minimum education required 3 years degree/diploma
- Minimum experience required 2 years
Must have highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills to support users, partners and management at various levels
Must have demonstrated positive and solutions oriented approach
Must have proven ability to work collaboratively within a team, with customers, and with internal business partners
Must have proven effective facilitation skills to define issues and establish solutions with various stakeholders
Must have proven developed business analysis and project management skills in order to translate business requirements into system/program development through all phases of a project lifecycle
Must have experience in assessing and facilitating work processes including process re-engineering in order to optimize workflows and system utilization
Must have highly developed written and oral communication skills that can be adapted to meet the needs of various audiences (management, customers, partners, vendor etc.) in order to provide guidance, communicate issues and opportunities, and develop technical documentation
- Must have developed understanding of mobile work & workforce management concepts, processes and systems
Must have developed analytical and critical thinking skills in order to troubleshoot issues, assess technical and process opportunities
- Must have developed researching skills in order to establish solutions and provide recommendations for system development
Must have the ability to understand database schemas
- Must have the ability to develop reports or queries based on user requests
Must have advanced Excel and Visio skills
Preference will be given to candidates with municipal operational business process and user support experience
Note: Candidates possessing the following pre-approved skill equivalencies for this position will be considered equally to those possessing the education and experience noted above:
2 year Diploma or 2 years in a Specialized Post-Secondary Program with minimum 4 years' related and relevant experience or 4-Year Honours Degree with minimum 1 year related and relevant experience.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy #II-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
“The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
1. within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full-time and part-time classifications.
2. within the same Division in the case of students.”
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.