Job Summary/Basic Function
The Safety Coordinator supports safe work practices throughout the City by coordinating, tracking and supporting safety programs, systems and training.
1. Coordinate, liaise and participate in Safety training programs, committees and related training opportunities.
- Joint Health & Safety Committees
- Safety Awards, Monthly Safety Education topics, NAOSH and Day of Mourning activities
- Medical surveillance (hearing testing), First Aid and Automated External Defibrillator programs
2. Safety administrative support in processes and initiatives
- Office administration, including document control, budget support, supplies etc.
- Respond to general enquiries
- Branch Communications support
- Provide administrative support for the Safety Advisor and HR Manager
3. Systems administration, monitoring, research and reporting
- Maintain and update safety websites including content management
- Compile and review information and statistics and reporting of performance
- Research of safe work practices and development of new programs and materials
- Update, track, maintain and report on all City’s safety management system and its various programs
4. Provides support for the City’s Healthy Work Environment
- Fire Warden orientations
- Audits and inspections, both certification audits and general workplace safety inspections
- Safety hazard program areas such as: confined spaces, traffic safety, asbestos management and others
- Incident, near miss, security incident and regulator orders, investigations & follow-up
5. Provides direct First Aid Attendant services to City Yards operations and other locations as required
Knowledge of WorkSafeBC requirements, Fire Code, Safety standards, etc.
Post secondary education in related program.
Level II First Aid certificate
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit copies of relevant information as Other Documents 1, 2, 3 and/or 4.
$60,500 to $67,000 annually