Under general direction, responsible for managing housing programs to include but not limited to implementing policy, budget development and controls, program compliance and reporting, while providing management and leadership of the daily operations and activities of Inglewood’s Housing Authority (IHA). Example of duties include but are not limited to the following essential tasks:
- Delegate and direct the work product of staff engaged in the operations the City’s housing programs such as Section 8 Housing Assistance, Community Development Block Grant and Affordable Housing;
- Facilitate and coordinate staff collaboration, meetings, and quality assurance and quality control processes;
- Reviews and approves rental assistance payments, rental subsidies, tenant/property owner contracts, and payment requisitions;
- Conduct quality control reviews of program documents and reports;
- Develop new housing programs, reviews and approves requests for housing rehabilitation loans and grants;
- Ensure participants properties comply with housing quality standards through annual inspections;
- Prepare and monitor Housing Department budgets, funding allocations, and HUD Program reports;
- Assign and review fraud reports, case notes, and correspondences to program participants;
- Respond to, research and provide resolutions to clients complaints and mediate landlord and tenant disputes;
- Represent city to local non-profit agencies administering city-funded housing programs;
- Hire, train, supervise and prepare performance evaluations for department staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of HUD or similar federally funded programs such as Housing Choice Voucher, homeless, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) with other federal funding mechanisms including HOME, CDBG or other federally regulated program environments; Principles and practices of public administration to include planning, budgeting, cash flow monitoring, and variance reporting utilizing government accounting practices; and facilitation of effective conflict resolution methods, customer service techniques, and supervision best practices.
- Skilled in monitoring fiscal performance to ensure adequate funding for grant and contract program operations and expenditures that comply with applicable regulations; reviewing, modifying, and implementing operating policies, practices, and procedures; writing to produce clear, concise, and accurate correspondence, presentations, and reports; and managing, delegating, and evaluating the work activities/performance of assigned staff.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of staff, clients and others having business with the city, and to meet multiple and conflicting deadlines to accomplish department goals and mission; develop and enforce department policy and procedures;stay abreast of changing rules and regulations, and implement modifications promptly, and to perform duties with little or no immediate supervision.
- Proficient in the use of various computer systems, databases, and industry related software.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, management, or a related field AND five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a public agency performing program management, program compliance, grant administration, budget controls, and providing quality customer service with a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity. Must possess at the time of application and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
THE EXAMINATION PROCESS begins with a complete evaluation of all application materials submitted; resumes are accepted but not instead of an official City application. Only applicants determined to be “most qualified,” as reflected in their application materials, will be invited to participate in the Selection Process for this recruitment.
The Selection Process may consist of one or more of the following test parts: (1) a Training & Experience Evaluation, (2) Writing Exercise, and/or (3) Qualifications Appraisal Interview with a panel of subject matter experts. Candidates must pass each test part to have their names placed on an active eligibility list for this