Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED with coursework in accounting, bookkeeping, or related field and minimal experience in accounting and administrative support, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates/Technical degree preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of accounting terminology, methods, and procedures.
- General knowledge of bookkeeping terminology, methods, procedures, and equipment.
- General knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Thorough knowledge of standard office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, customer service skills, and computer skills.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to follow work procedures.
- Ability to enter and compute data with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, associates, and the general public.