About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Territory Account Executive’s primary responsibilities are to develop and successfully execute sales strategies to ensure achievement of revenue goals for Outreach Reference Laboratory services. This person will be directly responsible for sales to diagnostic accounts including hospitals, pathology groups, physician groups, and commercial laboratories in Southern California.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Directly responsible for sales into diagnostic accounts in the defined territory. Achieve sales goals. Grow new revenue by $0.5-1M per year in the first 3 years.
- Assume full responsibility for sales of assigned product lines, from lead generation, to qualification, evaluation, and closing.
- Manage the sales pipeline to maximize the probability of meeting agreed sales targets.
- Work to develop new accounts throughout the territory.
- Organize and attend relevant conferences in order to generate leads.
- Develop a strong working relationship with current client base and interact with customers frequently to solve problems.
- Customer support
- Prepare and deliver product presentations and financial proposals, as appropriate, to key account prospects including oncologists, pathologists, technologists, and administration.
- Develop demand for and adoption of new assays
- Manage customer data in the company database
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Science Degree – Business, Marketing, Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or Nursing
- 5+ years experience selling laboratory services to clinicians and hospitals
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.