About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Manager, Consumer Marketing, reporting to the Director, Consumer Marketing, will help drive awareness, preference and choice for City of Hope through marketing to consumers, patients, caregivers and donors with advertising, both offline and online, and marketing programs in support of the growth of City of Hope, specifically in the local communities we serve via our clinical network locations.
The Manager, Consumer Marketing, will provide cross-functional team leadership for community practice initiatives across internal MarCom teams including physician, digital, multi-ethnic and communications. They will work closely with agency partners to execute media plans and creative production for marketing activities that intersect with the general consumer audience to drive awareness, engagement and volume goals for City of Hope initiatives. This position is well-versed in the fundamentals of marketing, communications, advertising, branding, analytics and is proficient in digital marketing.
The following skills are necessary for this position: project management proficiency using best practices, budget management mastery, aptitude for problem solving, creative and innovative approaches to issues, sound judgment, impeccable verbal and written communication skills and extreme organization and attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and execute strategic marketing plans for Community Practice Site and hospital partnership campaigns. Lead cross-functional teams across Clinical Marketing, Digital, Multi-Ethnic, Communications, Business Development and others, as needed. Exhibit mastery and knowledge of priority/key sites, performing SWOT and competitive analyses on a regular basis.
- Day-to-day engagement with creative and media agency partners to develop and execute tactical/advertising plans and assets.
- Ownership and management of entire Consumer Marketing budget, including tracking estimates and invoices, processing contracts/SOWs for all agencies and other partners and issuing regular reports.
- Manage all outside sponsorships and partnerships.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, Healthcare, English or a related field.
- Seven or more years of marketing/advertising experience required, with one-two years of management experience required.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of marketing strategy/planning, campaign development/management, media relations, business development and/or event management.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-MA