About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope’s mission is to “turn hope into reality.” Focused on eliminating cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses, City of Hope has established itself as a world-class leader in transforming the future of health. Raising the philanthropic resources to fuel its leading-edge research, its exquisite and compassionate clinical care, and its advancement of biomedical education and training, is a vital component of the City of Hope model of success. Each member of the Office of Philanthropy is a stakeholder in this work, with personal accountability for his/her role in building a successful future of delivering new cures, treatments and education.
The Office of Philanthropy’s vision is to support this life-saving work by being known institutionally and nationally as a model of excellence among elite fundraising programs. Recent recruitments of nationally and internationally renowned faculty offer advancement leaders new opportunity for partnership among philanthropy, research and patient care.
The Assistant Director of Digital Philanthropy (ADOD-DP) reports directly to the Sr. Director, Digital Philanthropy. The ADOD will help ensure the fundraising success of the Office of Philanthropy through a number of responsibilities. To this end, we invest in our staff through the Team Activation Program (TAP) initiative. This initiative increases the effectiveness of our team through focused transparency & accountability, building trust within teams; training & development; celebrating innovation & risk taking; enhancing team communications and removing roadblocks to maximize activation. The TAP initiative ensures that the Office of Philanthropy is poised to move quickly, effectively and efficiently to maximize opportunities on behalf of City of Hope.
Specifically, the ADOD-DP, under the direction of the SDOD-DP, is responsible for assisting in building, growing and stewarding a national online/digital donor program consisting of varying donor and prospective donor audiences with the goals of raising direct revenue and fueling our national individual donor pipeline. This program will build on City of Hope’s rich, 100+ year old history of outreach through a national digital philanthropy strategy that helps create awareness, involve, and cultivate donors and prospective donors. The Digital Philanthropy program will continue to develop a comprehensive digital platform for all donors to engage with and to play a highly integrated part with City of Hope’s individual donor pipeline efforts. These efforts are focused on identifying individuals who are interested in financially contributing to advance COH’s critical work in cancer and diabetes research as well as a model of compassionate care that can inform institutions worldwide.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the management of the participant recruitment plan for City of Hope’s digital fundraising program, including engaging external and internal stakeholders, donors and corporations.
- Working with the department director to assist with all aspect of City of Hope’s peer to peer fundraising program, including fundraising, volunteer support, recruitment, tech support, corporate sponsorship, logistics, matching gifts, marketing and engagement efforts.
- Ensure all program / fundraising elements are coordinated, brand standards are met, revenue goals are met and expenses do not exceed budget.
- Serve as contact for external fundraisers providing fundraising coaching, ensuring fundraisers meet and exceed goals where possible, attending to donor / fundraiser needs and requests, coordinating tours and plaque dedications as well as other stewardship opportunities.
- Build out all Peer to Peer Fundraising campaigns for Do-It-Yourself Fundraising, 3rd Party Events and Peer to Peer Events across Office of Philanthropy including design, event set up, content, fundraising pages, automated emails ensuring that fundraising best practices are followed. Ensure that all P2P campaigns meet brand standards and colleague expectations are met.
- Build out design and content of all event types (gala, golf tournaments, and more) within event fundraising tool ensuring best online fundraising practices are followed. Ensure that all event campaigns meet brand standards and expectations are met.
- Support Digital Philanthropy direct response campaigns including content, design, direction, campaign strategy. Contribute to campaign direction, content and creative.
- Collaborate with various internal departments and external vendors to make updates on cityofhope.org/giving site for Office of Philanthropy ensuring that expectations are met and updates follow best practices.
- Assist with the management, tracking and administration of the digital campaigns for the Annual Giving, Employee Giving and Digital Philanthropy teams including review of all materials, segmentation, audience calculations, managing production calendar, BCR approvals, QA testing and issue mitigation
- Work with Legal, Marketing and Communications, and other key COH areas to ensure legal and brand compliance
- Maintain campaign and department reporting; developing and maintaining KPIs and other performance metrics.
- Be the subject matter expert for the department for Omatic Integration (both Classy and Aventri) and revenue processing.
- Be the subject matter expert for the department for the in Classy manager, fundraising suite, APIs and software updates
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with City of Hope faculty, staff, volunteers, fundraisers, donors and prospects to support fundraising initiatives for COH priorities.
- Provide digital strategy recommendations to OOP staff and front-line fundraiser to enhance campaigns and initiatives
- Participate in meetings, search committees, task forces, and other special projects.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems, overcome hurdles, and navigate sensitive issues with discretion, tact, and strong communication skills.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.