Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-248
Reporting Location: 199 Larch Street
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Business Systems Section, Information Technology Division, Corporate Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Web Administrator/Developer. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $37.40 to $45.94 per hour.
Under the General Supervision of the Manager of Business Systems.
- Maintain the corporate web technologies to ensure that they function as designed.
- Diagnose and resolve web technologies performance problems caused by hardware and/or software.
- Perform file server operating system and internet or web page software upgrades, as required.
- Monitor the performance of all related hardware, software and applications, analyse the results and prepare reports of utilization and trends.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology by researching and recommending digital solutions that can optimize operations and drive efficiencies.
- Recommend new equipment or software acquisition, or modifications to web technologies in consideration of projects and current or planned usage, and provide early estimates of expected effort and feasibility of new initiatives
- Develop web-enabled applications based on user requirements using various languages, applications and tools.
- Develop training courses and co-ordinate and/or provide training for web-related systems.
- Consult with staff in the development, maintenance and responsiveness of web sites and applications to ensure clear communications on user requirements and corporate objectives.
- Assist clients in the diagnosis of problems by troubleshooting the workstation, the software, the application system, the network or any related equipment.
- Provide direction and assistance to the Web Technician.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Over two and one-half (2½) years up to and including five (5) years of diversified experience including experience with internet software in the design, development and maintenance of web sites, web servers and applications.
- Experience in the development of web-enabled applications an asset.
- Understanding of website best practices and emerging digital trends.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other web analytics tools.
- Thorough knowledge of various server operating systems and client systems required.
- An understanding of web accessibility guidelines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Satisfactory keyboarding skills.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-248) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.