Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-453
Data Analysis Administrator
Reporting Location: 199 Larch Street
Estimated Probable Duration: Two (2) Years
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Social Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Data Analysis Administrator (Funded Position). The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $27.28 to $33.89 per hour (subject to review).
Under the general supervision of the Co-ordinator of Shelters and Homelessness.
- Identify, plan, and undertake data collection (e.g. HIFIS, SAMS), provide analysis, reporting, training and support to ensure data integrity.
- Provide data analysis services to support the Social Services sector and enable the broader collection and mobilization of qualitative and quantitative data to inform ongoing community planning processes.
- Prepare data and outcome reports for Provincial and Federal funders as required.
- Support the development of Coordinated Access System across the homelessness sector by leading the development of a quality by name list, which includes the inflow and outflow of individuals and families and outcomes related to referral and resource allocation.
- Provide ongoing support and consultation to the Homelessness program including attending meetings, collecting and presenting data and statistics, building relationships with community partners, developing agendas and recording minutes, and addressing data collection needs.
- Engage with the Homelessness service system providers to ensure consistent input, use and understanding of data.
- Provide reports to leadership bodies (e.g. Housing First Steering Committee, Community Advisory Board, Community Services Committee of Council)
- Build capacity, awareness and understanding of the Homelessness Network & Social Services research among community partners, and promote use of research and evaluation findings in evidence-informed decision-making.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of a University degree in a related discipline (i.e. Social Sciences, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics, etc.) from a recognized University with Canadian accreditation.
- Over two and one-half (21/2) years up to and including five (5) years of related data analysis, program evaluation experience.
- Demonstrated experience of database and spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Knowledge of local homelessness service system and Housing First approach.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and coordinate a number of tasks at one time.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate community meetings and processes.
- Ability to provide a high level of detail to ensure data integrity.
- Experience with data collection, management, analysis, research, evaluation and presentation.
- Ability to interact, train and support individual system users.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Knowledge of planning, design, graphics and research methodology.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-453) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.