Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions may include the following. Must possess required knowledge skills, abilities and experience and to be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations that the essential functions of the job can be performed. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Administers and supervises the activities of the Municipal Court's office which includes managing the scheduling of court dockets, records maintenance, and fine/bond/fee collection.
- Plans, develops and implements operational systems and procedures related to court activities in compliance with state/local laws and ordinances and city policies.
- Researches, compiles and presents various management and statistical reports utilizing raw data from case management system; develops long and short-range strategic plan for the division.
- Receives money for fines and balances cash daily with a cash report.
- Prepares court dockets, jury charges and cases for court; prepares and retrieves archived records.
- Enters traffic citation data in regards to fines; prepares and issues warrants, complaints, bond forfeitures and any necessary paperwork relating to court; iinteracts with IT on specific needs of the website and automated systems.
- Prepares, implements and ensures budget adherence; tracks and reports monthly variances to plan; advises the City Manager regarding spending trends and processes payments and check requests.
- Manages the review and revision of Municipal Court policies and procedures; submits recommended changes to supervisor.
- Assists ensuring compliance with all City personnel policies and the City of Glenn Heights Municipal Court's code of ethics.
- Serves as liaison between the Presiding Judge, Alternate Judge, City Staff, Prosecutor, local bar associations, local government offices and the public.
- Develops long-range goals and objectives to improve the Court operations; conducts ongoing studies to determine and identify needs, organization, systems, and procedures to increase the effectiveness of the Court's administration.
- Monitors current, newly adopted, and proposed legislation that may affect the Courts.
- Reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures.