Performs intermediate technical work preparing and maintaining fiscal or related records, general ledger, fixed assets, entering, verifying and checking data, processing budget and other financial accounts, maintaining files and records, preparing reports; does related work as required. Work is performed under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Schiele Museum.
- Prepares all deposits and transfers as needed Maintains detailed deposit records for month end reconciliation between various revenue accounts; (35%)
- Maintains statistical records covering personnel actions such as earnings, deductions, adjustments, additions and deletions. Posts deduction information. Collects time sheets, verifies and posts information. Prepares a wide variety of related payroll duties; (15%)
- Establishes and maintains records covering many special area for the City of Gastonia and Board of Trustees such as payroll or purchases, multi-year expense projects, grants, and multi-funding; prepares purchase order requisitions, verifies extensions, additions and vendor and purchase order numbers. Performs all other task as required pertaining to records, posting and balancing of general ledger. Prepares management and financial reports for Board of Directors. Reconciles all bank statements. Prepares information for auditors; (20%)
- Prepares checks for accounts payable. Prepares and remits payments. Maintains check register. Reconciles purchase orders with invoices for payment. Codes all invoices and checks to chart of accounts for expense. Performs a wide variety of related purchasing and account keeping duties; (10%)
- Maintains and reconciles detailed records for all credit card purchases and transactions in the City's credit card software system and verifies information is correct in the General Ledger.; (20%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: General knowledge of fund accounting and general fiscal practices, including grants administration as applicable to non-profit organizations; general knowledge of legal aspects of museum operations; general knowledge of personnel procedures and policies; ability to maintain complex financial records pertaining to payroll, taxes, general accounting, and to prepare timely reports of financial statistics; ability to post accounts with speed and accuracy, to operate office machines; ability to deal with staff effectively; ability to work well under pressure and deal with public on a day-to-day basis.
Education/Experience/Physical Demands/Special Requirements/Additional Information: Education/Experience:
Graduation from high school or equivalent supplemented with courses in accounting, non-profit organizations and moderate experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. The physical activity of this position includes:
2. The physical requirements of this position
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of the fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal spoken word levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision
- Office Environment Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Office environment work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are categorized as office environment if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other Office Environment Work criteria are met.
4. The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform one or more of the following: preparing and analyzing data and figures; accounting; transcription; computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices;
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform one or more of the following:
Must possess a valid appropriate driver's license with acceptable driving history.
Drug screening, criminal background, and a POET (post offer employment testing) are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Gastonia is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/H
- None: The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work environment).