MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
The City of Elmhurst has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, forward thinking self-starter to assist in its marketing and communication efforts. The Marketing & Communications Intern is ideal for a candidate interested in marketing, communications, public relations and event planning. The paid intern will experience various aspects of marketing and communications while working with the City of Elmhurst.
- Current college junior or senior, or graduate student working towards a degree in a related field (e.g. Marketing, Communications)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Must have a working knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is highly desired.
- Ability to communicate in an effective, professional manner, both written and oral
- Strong creativity
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for working with a community
- Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work outside of business hours based on project needs
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Salary: $15.00/hr. Position is a temporary 1 year position. Hours: Approximately 19 hours per week. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and physical.
Please answer the following questions in the comments section of the application when applying:
TO APPLY DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER (USE GOOGLE CHROME, FIREFOX etc.)
Employment offers are subject to successful results of background check, drug screen, and physical. The City provides equal opportunity and offers reasonable accommodations in all programs and employment.