Security Room Monitor
Looking for a work environment that offers a different experience every day? Searching for an opportunity to make a difference?
Test and fine tune your decision making and reaction skills. Using a state of the art Security Monitoring System you will assist in coordinating response teams to a variety of security related occurrences. Contribute to a customer-focused, safe, reliable and affordable public transit service that links people and places. You will be required to:
- Dispatch on-duty Security personnel to situations
- Monitor activities on the Light Rail Transit System and Bus Terminals using a Closed Circuit Television System (CCTV). Observe and record all CCTV/audio activities where the public or employees may be at risk
- Identify situations where customer safety is threatened or compromised and initiate the appropriate responses
- Respond to requests for assistance via emergency phones, alarms, panic buttons, pay phones etc.
- Monitor and control access to washrooms and elevators
- Keep accurate and specific records of all incidents and events
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure ETS goals are met and provide excellent service to customers
- Completed Grade 12 and a recognized Certificate or Diploma related to Emergency Communications and Response are required
- Valid First Aid and CPR Level C would be an asset
- 3 years' strong customer service experience, preferably with 1 year in a security or transit organization; dispatch experience is an asset
- Open to working in an ever-changing, highly demanding and sensitive environment with the ability to make sound decisions, react appropriately to dangerous situations and exercise tact and diplomacy
- Excellent observation, decision making, prioritization and reaction skills required
- Ability to understand, communicate, read and write in English at a level needed to meet job related task and safety requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and build positive business relationships with stakeholders
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Applicants may be tested
At the City of Edmonton - City Operations, we strive to help our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth and provides continuous opportunities for development.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 2 permanent full-time positions
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week - days, evening or night shifts to provide 24 hour/7 days per week coverage
Salary: $29.126 - $32.380 (Hourly);$57,014.150 - $63,383.850 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: SPH/CL
Classification Title : Security Room Monitor
: Jan 9, 2019
: Jan 23, 2019 11:59:00 PM (MST)
: 2 - Permanent Full-time
Union : ATU 569
: Edmonton Transit Service
Transit Security Office, Chancery Hall, 3 Sir Winston Churchill Square