Recreation Technician I - Social Marketing Outreach Team up to 6 months
Be part of the City of Edmonton’s bold and progressive vision for changing the way Edmontonians live and move!
The City of Edmonton has set a bold and progressive vision for building a great city that will meet the needs of our diverse and growing population. In doing so, the City of Edmonton is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic outreach team.
The outreach team staff will help plan and deliver education programs to meet the goals of the marketing unit. This will include, face to face interactions with the public at special events and community outreach, delivering education and information programs, assisting with the implementation of marketing and communications strategies, and supporting partnership programs with internal and external groups.
Outreach work will focus on raising awareness, supporting behavior change, and educating Edmontonians about various city initiatives.
Reporting to the Recreation Technician II, duties include:
- Represent our City in a positive, diplomatic and professional way
- Interact with Edmontonians, local businesses and various community groups to educate and raise awareness about city social marketing initiatives
- Liaise with community organizations to seek community involvement, support, and advocacy to ensure a collaborative approach
- Distribute educational material, including brochures and flyers
- Track progress against program goals, identify potential improvements and report progress weekly, and maintain and record statistical data pertaining to on-street interactions on a template created by the Social marketing team
- Assist Social Marketing team in the coordination of displays and information materials to be used at City of Edmonton and external public events
- Ensure messages and materials used in events are designed to reach and appeal to target audiences
- Travel to various locations around the city
- Gather important feedback and information from citizens regarding various programs: their functionality, general safety features and user comprehension and experience so we can continue to improve our education programs and campaigns
- Provide advice/recommendations regarding educational direction of the Social Marketing Outreach Team based on the Pop Up experience (“what you are hearing”)
- Completion of Grade 12 is required
- Experience working with the general public, tour groups children and other program users, including conflict resolution and customer service experience
- Physical ability to perform the job, including riding a City of Edmonton bicycle or cargo bicycle to various Pop Up locations along the bike routes
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills in formal and informal interaction with individuals and groups
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to take direction and guidance and work independently to meet desired outcomes at the outreach events
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative when required
- Strong business acumen and ability to build and maintain rapport with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to lead, organize, instruct and supervise group activities
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence or provincial equivalent. Obtaining and maintaining a City Driver's permit is a requirement of this position.
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- 6 months or more experience in a customer service role
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Knowledge of climate change and sources of greenhouse gas emissions
- Passion or interest in cycle and using sustainable methods of transportation
- Knowledge of the general rules of the road for cyclists and motorists
Successful candidates may be eligible for recall in the 2020 season
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 4 temporary part-time positions for up to 6 months
Hours of Work: between 20 - 30 hours per week, with the possibility of up to 39 hours per week. Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays may be required
Salary: $18.067 - $22.361
Recruitment Consultant: CL/NG
Classification Title : Recreation Technician I
: Apr 12, 2019
: April 26, 2019 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
: 4 - Temporary Part-time
Union : CSU 52