Do you have the unique combination of technical skills and creative eye to fill a critical role on our creative team? If so, keep reading!
The Production Artist is responsible for supporting the graphic design team with design production. In this role you will make text revisions, resize advertisements, crop photos, prepare files for print and archives finished creative. This will also include editing and preparing files for a variety of mediums such as brochures, posters, print and online ads, event displays and other content.
With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, other responsibilities include:
- Prepare files for print production ensuring accurate colour, separations, image resolution and bleeds
- Print and build physical mock ups for creative presentations
- Work collaboratively with project and production management team to ensure workflow requirements are met
- Manage and archive project files and digital assets
- Balance the wants and needs of a diverse stakeholder group, working in a collaborative manner across City departments
- Recommend and help define creative concepts that fit with the visual identity, creative concepts, and design directions
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent GED, supplemented by graphic design and desktop publishing courses
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a production artist, working in a creative team or a prepress department
- Demonstrated ability to prepare files for production
- Considerable knowledge and application of graphic design, typography and print production techniques
- Considerable knowledge and skills using industry standard graphic design software, including Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat)
- Work collaboratively with project stakeholders in a high performance, tight deadline, in house creative agency, team environment
- Adaptable to work with last minute alterations and change and within firm deadlines
- Operating knowledge of print production processes
- Accommodate a wide variety of individual and group working styles in a multi-disciplinary and multi-dimensional environment
- Applicants may be tested
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Up to 1 permanent full-time position
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of variable hours of work program
Salary: $26.928 - $33.765 (Hourly); $47,440.400 - $59,485.490 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: RF/JB
Classification Title : Composing Equipment Operator
: Dec 6, 2018
: Dec 13, 2018 11:59:00 PM (MST)
: 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union : CSU 52
: Communications and Engagement
11th Floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue
Edmonton T5J 0J4