Market Planner II : Senior Marketing Advisor (Temp) Temporary up to 8 months with an expected end date after 4 months
Are you a people connector?
Do you value cross-organizational relationships?
Are you looking to hone your leadership skills?
If you answered “yes”, then consider this temporary opportunity to deliver market research, marketing strategies, outcome reporting for a diverse business partner group as you lead a team.
Apply your related experience and knowledge of the City of Edmonton as you lead high-profile strategies that inspire residents and stakeholders to engage in the City’s products, programs, and services. Showcase your strong leadership and project management skills as you hit the ground running and deliver timely and exceptional marketing strategies that achieve key business outcomes.
As a dedicated leader and with a keen focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
Effectively contribute an integrated business model, plan, direct, coordinate and implement marketing strategies for City product and service portfolios
Lead, motivate, and support the activities of a small team
Prepare and present marketing strategies, including recommendations to senior managers and leadership
Manage project timelines and budgets
Apply a citizen-centric lens to City of Edmonton business plans to ensure we are meeting customer needs
Measure project success based on identified benchmarks and success metrics
Secure and analyze market research data in support of the development and execution of marketing strategies
Interpret and summarize market research data
Develop research-based market strategies which may include new service, product, program, and/or promotional opportunities or refinements
Build and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the marketplace to identify enhancements for product/service development
Identify and consult with various internal stakeholders including program leaders across the corporation, and recommend integrated citizen-centric approaches to marketing
Prepare executive reports relating to the evaluation and viability of various products and services and potential marketability of new and existing products and services
Assist in the development and execution of growth strategies for the organization's future/evolving marketing needs
Apply and model consistent regard for respect and inclusion at all levels
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or a related field with a focus on marketing
- Minimum of 4 years progressively responsible strategic marketing planning experience (creating, leading and evaluating strategies, managing market research and analysis, business planning and outcome evaluation, project management experience, leading cross-functional teams)
- Demonstrated ability to direct and supervise the activities of subordinate staff; able to engage and motivate others
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies in a large, complex organization
- Significant marketing project management experience in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize and execute effective marketing strategies for diverse audiences and needs
- Ability to interpret, direct, and manage market research
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large, diverse organization, as well as with diverse external partners and audiences
- Ability to steward high profile marketing strategies through approvals at a corporate level
- Demonstrated commitment to modeling the Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent
- Applicants may be tested
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Up to 1 temporary full-time position up to 8 months with an expected end date after 4 months
Hours of Work:
33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of variable hours of work program.
Salary: $47.103 - $59.072 (Hourly)
Recruitment Consultant: RF/VV
Classification Title : Market Planner II
: Feb 1, 2019
: Feb 8, 2019 11:59:00 PM (MST)
: 1 - Temporary Full-time
Union : CSU 52
5th Floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue
Edmonton T5J 0J4