Market Planner I - Marketing Analyst
Job Number : 38887
The Edmonton Police Service Recruit Selection Unit has an opportunity for a Marketing Analyst to develop marketing and advertising strategies that promote careers with the EPS. This position would be responsible for the following:
- Create and execute a yearly marketing plan.
- Create, publish and manage content for both the JoinEPS.ca website and recruiting social media accounts.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences and needs to identify potential recruiting markets and factors affecting the recruitment of police applicants.
- Collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts, other marketing specialists, designers, developers, multi-media and production personnel to create recruiting campaigns.
- Develop new initiatives on advertising, recruiting events that are specific to recruitment strategies.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Working with internal partners to compile and report on the marketing performance implemented each calendar year.
- Manage and submit budget requests for annual marketing campaigns.
- Participating in occasional recruiting events to monitor and gauge the effectiveness of recruiting events.
- Manage the online application website (APATS) including the creation of statistical reports, troubleshooting, and updating yearly job requisitions.
- University degree and/or diploma in Marketing or a related technical field with major coursework in marketing.
- Minimum of two (2) years marketing experience.
- Experience with development of web material would be beneficial.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office are required and Adobe Creative Suite skills would be considered an asset.
- Experience in using Web Content Management Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of media production, integration, and buying advertisements.
- Proven ability to manage time, organize teamwork, use analysis to solve problems and make decisions.
- Experience with recruiting practices in North America.
- Candidates will be required to provide examples of previous work.
- THE EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE WILL CONDUCT AN ENHANCED SECURITY CLEARANCE ON THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN SHORT-LISTED.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of variable hours of work and may include some evening shifts.
21B, Grade 024: $36.57 - $45.69 (Hourly), $2,926.20 - $3,655.80 (Bi-Weekly), $76,372.78 - $95,415.34 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton that expired on December 22, 2018.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: DZ
Classification Title : Market Planner I
Posting Date : Feb 25, 2020
Closing Date : Mar 03, 2020 11:59:00 (MST)
Number of Openings (up to) : 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department : Human Resources Division
Work Location(s) :
Edmonton Police Service Recruiting Centre, 10177 97 Street
Edmonton T5J 0L4