Manager, Continuous Improvement
Reporting to the Director of Continuous Improvement within the CPSS Branch, the Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of a multi-year continuous improvement implementation roadmap to increase the knowledge, skills, attitudes and confidence employees need to identify, implement and support procurement and contract management requires as part of their daily work.
As the Manager, Continuous Improvement, you will play a key role in increasing the City’s continuous improvement capacity through the development and delivery of knowledge and skills to our leaders and staff to support the corporate adoption of procurement, contract management and supply chain processes. As a result, effective change management planning and execution will be critical to fostering commitment and ownership at all levels of the organization.
Some of your key accountabilities in this position will be to:
- Work collaboratively with the continuous improvement team to develop a strategy and multi-year implementation roadmap with key tactical steps, milestones and performance indicators to increase the maturity of the City’s procurement, contract management , warehousing and inventory planning processes
- Identify a problem solving methodology and suite of continuous improvement tools tailored to meet the procurement,contract management and supply chain processes that supports identification, planning, facilitation, management and reporting of improvements
- Partner with City of Edmonton School of Business to develop training curriculum to develop broader awareness for and increased compliance of procurement and contract management processes
- Develop and conduct key training, coaching and audits to confirm progress and self-sufficiency Integrate continuous improvement principles, planning and reporting with branch business planning to support the systematic identification of people, process, and technology improvements that drive strategic and operational performance metrics
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to build knowledge and seek perspectives
- Recommend change management plans that will foster management and staff commitment at all levels of the organization
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience developing continuous improvement programs within large, complex organizations
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of procurement and contract management processes PMP and/or change management certifications will be a definite asset
- 5+ years in a leadership capacity overseeing the development and implementation of a continuous improvement program in a large organization, enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial results
- 2+ years working in a public sector environment
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and contract management roles
- Understand contract and tender law and public sector trade agreements and regulations Demonstrated experience and capacity to manage complex projects that require strong leadership and change management
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to lead and supervise teams of people who do not report to you
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills with diversified audiences with proven results
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 permanent full-time position
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: $84,597 - $120,852 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: NS/JB
Classification Title : PT3 - Business Mgmt Consulting
: Aug 27, 2018
: Sep 03, 2018 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
: 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union : Management
: Corporate Procurement and Supply Services
Century Place, 4th Floor, 9803 - 102A Avenue
Edmonton T5J 3A3