Integrated Library System (ILS) Administrator - Information Technology Services Division
Are you committed to going the extra distance to make a difference? Do you enjoy libraries? The Edmonton Public Library is looking for an Integrated Library System (ILS) Administrator to support our delivery of innovative and responsive library services.
EPL's Integrated Library System is an enterprise information management system supporting core library services, such as lending, customer account management, tracking holdings, cataloguing of print, audiovisual and digital collections, indexing and inventory management. The Integrated Library System Administrator Team is responsible for the operation of the Integrated Library System including configuration, upgrades, service enhancements, daily operations and support.
As an ILS Administrator, you will work collaboratively with staff and external partners to ensure that service objectives are met in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner. Ideally, you are passionate about learning and applying new and enhanced technological developments to our library environment.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Daily operation of EPL's ILS service and related modules. Plan, coordinate, and implement service changes (workflow user accounts, configurations, upgrades, scripts, policies, service enhancements, external interfaces, etc).
- Develop, maintain, enhance, and troubleshoot customized scripts and processes to enhance application processes and services.
- Collaborate with the ILS Team to research and develop options to solve issues and improve processes and service; and recommend solutions on designated aspects of technology such as architecture, database management, specific vendor solutions, network resources, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, processes and application configurations.
- Investigate issues and enquiries from staff regarding the ILS database, log files and error messages.
- A related degree from a recognized post-secondary institution; or equivalent combination of related diploma, IT certification and experience, is required.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in client application systems support, planning, analysis, implementation, and maintenance in a Microsoft and/or Unix environment is required.
- Two to three years of experience in supporting a Unix based server application is required.
- Experience with Unix shell scripting, Unix command line tools and Perl and/or similar tools is required.
- Experience with SirsiDynix's Symphony Integrated Library System is an asset.
- Working experience with SQL in a distributed architecture is an asset.
What do you need to bring to this position?
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication, including interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work effectively with staff and customers alike within a dynamic environment.
- Effective organizational, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Project management (including familiarity with ITIL framework).
Hours of Work:
35 of hours per week - occasional evenings and weekend shifts.
$44.64 to $56.97 per hour.*
- Approximately $81,568 - $104,098 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
Shift differential may apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of the CSU 52 Collective Agreement.
To apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines the reasons why you are interested in working for the Edmonton Public Library and how your education, experience and abilities make you a strong candidate for this career opportunity.
Note: This posting will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Classification Title : Professional Services 4
: May 9, 2019
: Open until filled
: 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union : CSU 52
: Edmonton Public Library
MNP Tower, 700, 10235 101 Street NW
Edmonton T5J 3G1