The salary listed on the job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Dallas Fire & Rescue - Civilian
- Bachelor's degree in a public administration, finance or business field.
- Three (3) years of experience in financial analysis, budget planning/monitoring or professional accounting.
- High school diploma or GED plus seven (7) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- An associate's degree in any field plus five (5) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) in a non-specified field plus two (2) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- A master's degree (or higher) in a specified field plus one (1) year of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY(IES):
- Requires PC skills for spreadsheet analysis, report preparation, research and utilizing financial software platforms for budgeting and accounting.
Dallas Fire Department
- Knowledge of financial, accounting and budgeting principles and practices
- Knowledge of budgetary development cycle and its implementation
- Advanced MS Office or similar software skills required.
- Ability to analyze complex policy, financial and organizations issues
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of management, city officials, vendors and other government agencies.
: Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skill-sets, must have a demonstrated ability to develop revenue and expense forecasts, previous municipal budgeting experience and/or a Master's in Public Administration preferred.