Must apply with the City of Creve Coeur. Visit www.crevecoeur.org/jobs
Job Purpose: Provides clerical support to the Finance Department including typing correspondences, answering telephone calls, maintaining workers' compensation, employee safety and pension committee files, and process false alarms. Processes accounts payable, reconciles vendor statements, maintains paid vendor files. Maintains personnel files for department employees and prepare memos, timesheets, leave records and other documents related to personnel. Responsible for office supplies, letterhead, business cards, etc. for the City. Process accounts payable for WCDC (West Central Dispatch Center). Perform other duties as needed.
- Processes accounts payable. Enters invoices into computer, prepares listing for finance review. Processes invoices for payment that pertain to finance. Set up vendors in the software system. Receives accounts payable invoices from West Central Dispatch Center (WCDC). Invoices are reviewed and processed for payment. Maintain vendor files. Prepare and process journal entries.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships while serving all internal and external customers using effective communication and teambuilding skills.
- Performs administrative duties for the Finance Department which may include: type and processes correspondence, maintains files, answers telephone inquiries, ensure procedure manual is updated and revised on a consistent basis, use agenda manager software to submit items for Finance Director for council meetings. Manages office supply/toner inventory for all operating departments. Obtains competitive pricing.
- Share responsibilities of covering the front desk and court window as needed. Work court window on court nights alternately with other Finance Department associates as scheduled. Reconcile cash drawer at the end of the court session. Primary back up for purchase orders and receivables, cash receipts, deposit preparation and daily cash reconciliations.
- Maintains pension files, retiree files; attends pension board meetings and act as administrative liaison for the pension board. Prepares minutes for director review. Tracks training of board members. Prepares invoices to be sent for payment. Work with employees preparing for retirement by providing necessary forms ensuring they are prepared correctly and all information has been received.
- Assists with Workers' Compensation claims. Maintains employee workers' compensation files, receive reports of injury from department, and prepare the report of injury required by the state and request wage statement from payroll clerk.
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in finance, accounting, or closely related field. Must have a working knowledge of computers and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preferred candidate will possess an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or closely related degree with a minimum of one (1) year of experience in finance, accounting, or closely related field.
To Apply: (Preferred method of application) Interested candidates will need to complete an application online at www.creve-coeur.org/jobs. Applicants may also send a completed application to: Human Resources, City of Creve Coeur, 300 N. New Ballas Road, Creve Coeur, MO 63141. Application review begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
The City of Creve Coeur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- accounting, finance or closely related: 4 years (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: