Pay Range: $17/hour - $25/hour maximum
Hours: 28 hours/week*
The City of Creve Coeur is currently looking for a Part-Time Accounting Clerk to provide clerical support to the Finance Department including typing correspondences, answering telephone calls, helping customers at the counter and maintaining accounting files. Verify that the check matches the invoice for accounts payable; prepare the checks for mailing; file a copy of the invoice.
- Maintain the accounts payable files. Verify that the check matches the invoice for accounts payable; prepare the checks for mailing; file a copy of the invoice.
- Receive calls and general inquiries from the public and route any calls to the appropriate department or personnel. Receive and dispense information by telephone, computer, or by direct contact with the public.
- Enter and process payments for finance transactions in the financial software at the counter.
- Research outstanding permits for the building department and send notices for payment.
- Send out invoices on any disapproved inspections and for 2nd inspections for the building department.
- Open and sort mail for the entire city. Assist other departments with stuffing envelopes for mass mailings as needed.
- Scan documents into the proper files.
- Perform other clerical functions within the Department as assigned. Operate a variety of office equipment and software programs.
: Graduation from high school or equivalent. Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Word and other software programs as needed. Must have good organizational skills. Must have good people skills. Accounting/Finance education or one or more years of equivalent or related work experience is desirable.
TO APPLY: (Preferred method of application) Interested candidates will need to complete an application online at www.creve-coeur.org/jobs. Applicants may also send a completed application to: Human Resources, City of Creve Coeur, 300 N. New Ballas Rood, Creve Coeur, MO 63141. For additional information contact Human Resources at (314) 872-2511.
The City of Creve Coeur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- Total hours not to exceed 1,450 in rolling 12 month period.