Regular Full Time
Engineering & Public Works – Engineering Customer Service
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The Engineering Customer Service team is looking for a self-motivated and organized Clerk 3 to join their team. This clerical position is the first line of contact for the public and will be responsible for providing information regarding applicable policies, regulations, and bylaws, and also involves liaising with developers and contractors. The position is also responsible for processing service requests, applications and permits for City services.
The following are the requirements of the position:
- Considerable knowledge of departmental practices, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of business writing, spelling, math, recordkeeping and related clerical functions, and of modern office skills, including working with Microsoft Word and Excel, and dealing with invoices and progress payments.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts in handling complex enquiries, contentious complaints and in providing a wide range of information on matters related to the work of the division.
- Ability to exercise initiative, relieve a supervisor of routine clerical detail and perform all tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assign, check, review and supervise the work of other clerks.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records, files, reports, correspondence, analyze procedures and problems, recommend changes and improvements and read and understand simple engineering drawings, maps or related material.
- Completion of the 12th school grade including or supplemented by completion of commercial-business courses related to the work. Considerable related experience preferably at the Clerk 2 level or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Driver's License for the Province of British Columbia.
A CUPE hourly rate of $27.45 to $32.25 is offered, plus a competitive benefits package and earned day off program. If you are motivated by the challenges of this position, please apply online by 5 p.m. June 2nd, 2019 at www.coquitlam.ca/jobs.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.