Under general supervision, provides information and assistance to the general public, and performs administrative and technical support functions for the Public Works and Development Services Department.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Answers inquiries and assists the public and developers with construction permits and other City standards and regulations; provides advice, assistance and information within scope of authority.
- Creates, updates and tracks a variety of electronic and paper files, records, applications, and technical documents; enters department and customer information and other data into City computer systems; accesses and locates information for customers, staff, authorized agencies and others.
- Assists the public and answers inquiries about department services, programs and records; explains rules, policies, and procedures, and researches databases and files; refers matters requiring policy interpretation to supervisor for resolution.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and directs the caller to the correct person or work group, or takes and relays messages as appropriate.
- Assists other Community Development Department staff; provides administrative support and research services as needed; maintains tracking system for permits; maintains inventory of supplies, forms, applications and materials.
- Receives, reviews and processes permit applications; issues permits as authorized; labels and files plans and drawings.
- Maintains the absolute confidentiality of all records and information.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent AND one year of Building & Safety, Community Development, Public Works, or Development Services experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Possession of a Permit Technician Certificate from the International Code Council (ICC) is preferred.