To apply, complete full application here: http://bit.ly/CRPDSrCommunications
The Senior Manager, Communications will have primary responsibility for proactively developing and implementing a strategic communications and public affairs agenda that is aligned, consistent and integrated with the Department's mission and objectives. Central to the role will be leading and managing a dynamic communications team working on content, stakeholder outreach, message development, media relations, digital, social media, and events.
The successful candidate will serve a senior strategic role within the organization advising and working in partnership with the Community Relations Chief, the Director and other senior leaders to advance the Department's goals.
Leadership, Management, & Operational Planning:
- Develops a comprehensive and integrated communications strategy, narrative and plan that is aligned with the Department's goals and best utilizes its assets and resources.
- Leads, manages and mentors the communications team to ensure a collaborative, positive and cohesive team culture and work environment. This includes part-time employees, interns and volunteers within reporting structure.
- Furthers the department's organizational mission by creating, assisting and facilitating community relations trainings and data management. This may include project managing the annual report and all staff meeting.
- Assists with the development of division's operational plans, which incorporates actionable goals and objectives that advance the strategic direction of the department.
- Reviews and updates communication operational policies and procedures on an annual basis, and recommends changes to the Community Relations Chief as needed.
- May serve in other capacities appropriate to the mission of the department, as requested by the division lead.
Financial Planning & Management:
- Oversees maintenance of sound bookkeeping and accounting policies and procedures for division communication budget.
- Oversees organizational compliance and contract management for department communication budget.
- Negotiates and manages paid media campaigns in print, radio, TV and digital outlets.
Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations:
- Guides the team to execute a full range of activities including messaging, content, website, media, social media, advertising and events that are aimed at engaging Columbus residents.
- Serves as a liaison, responds to media inquiries, advises staff on media responses, and contacts press for various events and conferences.
- Disseminates information in order to keep the public informed.
- Explains policies and promotes facilities, programs, services and events occurring within the department
- Coordinates and plans the development of marketing, informational and educational material such as news releases, bulletins, newsletters and brochures for the public and news media.
- Leads the designs of various marketing pieces such as logos, fliers, brochures, print ads, pamphlets and programs to be used for marketing, educational, informational or other purposes.
- Prepares speeches, correspondence, acknowledgements and oral presentations delivered by Community Relations Chief, the Director and other senior leaders to advance the Department's goals.
- Possession of a bachelor's degree and three (3) years' experience in public relations principles and practices; thorough knowledge of communication methods and procedures; considerable knowledge of social media channels; considerable knowledge of English usage, including grammar, punctuation and spelling; considerable knowledge of photography and electronic graphics; general knowledge of journalistic principles; general knowledge of the printing industry;
- Key Skills Include: data analytics, strategic planning, relationship building, project management, writing and editing, marketing, and public policy.
- Education in journalism, communications or equivalent work experience
- Experience in management and leadership
Classification: Recreation and Parks Marketing/Fundraising Coordinator (Job Code 0786)
Working Title: Sr Manager, Communications
Reports To: Executive Assistant to the Director (Classification) / Community Relations Chief (Working Title)
Test/Job Contact Information
Recruitment #: 20-0786-V1
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Should you have questions regarding this vacancy, please contact:
Columbus Recreation and Parks Department
1111 East Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43205
To apply, visit: http://bit.ly/CRPDSrCommunications
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.91 to $52.35 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement