City of Chillicothe Transit Department
Starting Hourly Rate:
Per Current AFSCME Contract
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Operates a motor vehicle in the provision of public transit services in compliance with all applicable DOT, federal,
state, local, and system regulations and policies, and ensures the safe and timely transportation of all passengers.
- Assists passengers as needed in the boarding and disembarking of the vehicle in order to ensure the safety of all
passengers, including assistance during vehicle evacuation, as necessary.
- Boards and disembarks passengers, including those using common wheelchairs or other mobility devices, requiring
the use of lift equipment and securement systems according to the system's policies and procedures in order to
ensure the safety of all passengers
- Completes daily paperwork as required to ensure accurate reporting and records
- Completes daily pre -trip inspection
- Regularly inventories vehicle equipment and supplies; reports restocking needs in accordance with the system's
established procedure in order to maintain a safe, functional vehicle.
- Fuels the vehicle; ensures that all vehicle systems are properly shut down; visually inspects the interior for any
items left by passengers; locks the vehicle to maintain security
- Regularly cleans interior of vehicle to maintain a sanitary environment for passengers and the safe operation of the
- Communicates transit information to passengers as requested
ability to bend, crouch, kneel, twist, push, and pull; normal hearing or normal hearing with corrective devices;
normal vision or normal vision with corrective devices; free from fainting spells, blackouts, dizziness, or seizures; ability to
sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time; ability to endure extended periods of driving; ability to lift 25
lbs.; ability to tolerate exposure to dust, gas, and/or fumes; ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force, occasionally,
and/or 10-26 pounds of force frequently; must be 21 years of age.
(These requirements are not meant to replace those specified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Part 391.41).
A high school diploma or G.E.D
CDL required WITH passenger endorsement
Experience in bus operation preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
Must possess and maintain good driving record meeting or exceeding system established driver eligibility standards
THE CITY OF CHILLICOTHE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER