Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: November 20, 2018
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Airport Solutions is a team of hard workers who ensure that our IT business systems and software applications effectively support the corporate enterprise and airport operations; all while continuing to focus on lifecycle planning, cost, and integration. Additionally, this group focuses on IT project delivery practice with an emphasis on planning, process, and successful delivery of defined outcomes. As a whole, this team of high performers connect our people and technology to deliver seamless and innovative ways to operate our airport every day.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Innovative. Strategic. Business-Centric. Reporting to the Director, Airport Solutions, you are responsible for:
- Managing the IT capital planning process ensuring there is a focus on engaging with all business groups, aligning with the strategic plans of the organization, financial considerations and capacity and resource considerations.
- Facilitating the long term and short term planning efforts for the overall IT Division.
- Developing and continuously improving the IT Project Delivery Framework. This framework will include the processes, documents and engagement to ensure scope, schedule and budget is continuously managed and understood for the entire life of a project.
- Ensure there is full engagement across the IT management team and business leaders on project plans. This includes identifying gaps and obstacles and facilitating efforts to remove these challenges and drive alignment and ultimate project success.
- Oversee, manage and evaluate the performance of contractors assisting with project delivery.
Provide leadership, direction and support to the IT Projects team:
- Establish performance goals with staff to meet corporate goals and that align with the strategic direction of the company.
Evaluate and provide feedback on the performance and development of staff.
Manage staff schedules.
As required, function as a “Project Manager” for defined initiatives, transitions or additional support.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Degree in computer science, project management or equivalent skills and experiences.
Demonstrated experience in creating, facilitating, and achieving the goals and outcomes of a well-developed business plan – including managing the activities required to plan, schedule, estimate, procure, deliver, and implement a broad variety of technology based business solutions.
Strong experience in project management, including PM methodology, budgeting, contracting, documentation, communication and other day to day project management activities.
- Previous supervisory experience as well as experience in managing multiple contractors.
General experience in a wide variety of aviation technologies as well as corporate systems and data centre technologies.
Experience in developing and providing effective presentations outlining the costs and benefits of IT solutions and investments is essential.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of activities within a lean organization.
- Ability to put together business cases, technical specifications, and support requirements to inform stakeholders and vendors of requirements and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability and experience to manage information from a wide variety of stakeholders, customers, vendors, and timelines to ensure projects meet crucial timeframes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Projects, Visio, PowerPoint as well as the other MS office products.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)