Calex Mfg, Co. Inc. has served the electronics industry for over 50 years and offers a wide variety of cutting edge DC-DC converters for transportation, industrial, and military applications.
Sr. Product Quality Engineer will be responsible for product and manufacturing quality, of new product development projects, existing products, and leading product/design quality activities. This includes overall product quality improvement, quality risk assessment and mitigation, active involvement with multidisciplinary teams to identify risks at earlier stages of design process, reporting, product validation, and virtual team leadership of quality activities during the NPI process including supplier related quality issues and validation of actions implemented.
- Develop and execute effective product quality plan to ensure product quality.
- Data analysis of past problem history and warranty data to improve product quality & reliability.
- Active involvement and ownership of Design Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and PFMEA to make them truly living document.
- Review of FA (Failure analysis) reports/customer complaints with focus to ensure effective corrective and preventive actions for future mitigation of same failure modes.
- Use program management tools to ensure the quality and reliability activities meet project timing requirements and able to present project status and technical findings to senior management.
- Promote preventive and proactive culture (poke yoke).
- Champion lean activities/projects for new and existing product/design development.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure manufacturing quality, implementation and verification of control plans and taking lead on manufacturing issues for effective and timely resolution.
- Key member of DFm and DFA to ensure quality in manufacturing environment.
- Plan, coordinate, analyze and report quality issues, KPIs and continuous improvement activities.
- Process owner for activities related to ISO, internal and external auditing
- Provide process development support.
- Assist engineering, as required, in the design and/or development of modifications of existing products or special products to meet customer requirements or standard specifications.
- Exhibit the ability to evaluate requirements for testability, design efficient test cases, statistical analysis and write extensive technical documentation.
- Assist in Risk Management activities and ensure compliance to standards and regulations.
Education / Experience:
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Material Science) or equivalent degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience inclusive of both product development experience in quality
of consumer, automotive, medical and/or electronics/electrical industry as well as applicable engineering experience
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical components, design and systems
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, using 8D, A3, DMAIC, SPC, DOE, PDCA, 5P, 5Why, FT, process mapping and/or equivalent quality tools, methods and techniques
- Program/project management experience
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for Quality and New Product Development
- Experience in managing and working with remote teams and CMs (Contract Manufacturers)
- Working experience in new product launch and/or PPAP will be a definite advantage
- Nice to have ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification
- Good understanding of statistical methods, continuous improvement, lean methodology (Green or six-sigma black belt certification will be plus)
- Practical working experience in MS-Word, Excel, power point, MS project and Minitab
- ISO internal auditor certification and/or experience with ISO internal auditing will be a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Insurance; 401(K); Flexible Spending Accounts; Paid Vacation/Holidays; Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; Tuition Reimbursement; If you desire to make a difference, are committed to bringing the highest quality of service to our customers and are looking for a "once in a lifetime" opportunity, send us your resume and salary requirements for consideration
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 6 years (Required)