Caleres has an incredible opportunity for a Specialist, Product Development to join our highly creative, forward-thinking team in New York. You'll play an integral role in the product development process.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people's lives. We are passionate about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel good...feet first.
We seek people who:
We seek people with these qualifications:
- Support the development process, achieving design, quality and timeline objectives
- Maintain impeccable sample organization, including packing and reviewing all samples, managing sample closet, tracking packages and updating line sheets
- Communicate with buyers and overseas partners, conveying status of samples and approvals
- Create and update specs in product lifecycle management (PLM) system
- Support costing process from bill of materials creation to yield confirmation
- Bachelor's degree in related field with a desire to grow a career in footwear product development
- Fundamental understanding of product creation process and footwear materials
- Highly organized and proactive with strong attention to detail
- Dynamic, high-energy team player
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and PLM system strongly preferred
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.6 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.