We seek an experienced, collaborative and highly-motivated Accountant with a passion for continual process improvement to join our Finance team.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people's lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel great, feet first.
We seek people who:
We seek people with these qualifications:
- Timely and accurately complete the month-end closing process of recording journal entries, identifying and explaining variances to budget and forecast
- Ensure balance sheet and income statement account balances are accurately stated in accordance with GAAP and company policies and procedures
- Maintain general ledger and provide related reporting and analysis at the close of each fiscal period
- Identify and implement best practices to improve efficiency, continually striving for process improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous general accounting experience
- Retail and/or wholesale experience preferred
- Public accounting experience and CPA certification a plus
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Independent thinker, capable of challenging the status quo and initiating process improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- SAP and/or BPC accounting software experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
But most of all, we seek believers. People who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.8 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.
People who believe remarkable things are possible and will not stop striving for them.
Become a believer.