Sam Edelman has an incredible opportunity for an experienced Designer to join our highly creative, forward-thinking team in New York.
We seek someone who is confident, proactive and trend-savvy and with exceptional taste. You're perfect for this position if you have a passion for contemporary fashion and eye for the latest footwear trends.
We seek people who:
We seek people with these qualifications:
- Manage the design process from trend research to finished product
- Accurately sketch and provide detailed specifications for prototype creation, refining designs to reflect fitting standards and feedback
- Understand current consumer fashion trends, bringing new ideas through competitive shopping and market research
- Deliver innovative and creative concepts, maintaining a strong understanding of brand positioning
- Partner with the Product Development team to ensure product supports the Sam Edelman brand identity and target consumer
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design required; footwear concentration preferred
- 5+ years footwear design experience
- Advanced knowledge of footwear materials, construction & production processes
- Current in the latest color, style & material trends
- Able to effectively communicate creative concepts & ideas
- Exceptional sketching & rendering skills
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
Sam Edelman is a division of Caleres, a $2.6 billion global footwear company. A creative visionary and legend in the footwear industry, Sam Edelman has been a dominant force in fashion, making an indelible impact on some of the most renowned contemporary footwear brands over the past 30 years.
If you're ready to join our team as we create imaginative, trend-on, must-have styles seen everywhere from the top fashion magazines to the hottest celebrities, apply online today.