We seek an experienced designer with a passion for contemporary women's footwear to join our Design team in New York.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people's lives. We are passionate about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel good...feet first.
We seek people who:
We seek people with these qualifications:
- Manage the design process from trend research to finished product
- Accurately sketch and provide detailed specifications for prototype creation, refining designs to reflect fitting standards
- Understand current consumer fashion trends, bringing in new ideas through competitive shopping and market research
- Collaborate with creative director and team to review sketches and materials
- Partner with factories and production teams to ensure quality control and fit
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design required
- 5+ years footwear design experience
- Advanced knowledge of footwear materials, constructions and production processes
- Current in the latest color, style and material trends
- Able to effectively communicate creative concepts and ideas
- Exceptional sketching and rendering skills
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.6 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.