Calego is looking for a Jr Graphic Designer to design product and/or packaging and marketing materials for iFLY, our award-winning travel brand. The ideal candidate is bursting with creativity, finds inspiration in unique places and loves injecting newness into consumer products. You will work within the design team and communicate daily with other core teams, including product development, merchandising and marketing. You will report to the Art Director.
At iFLY, we believe people deserve beautiful, high-quality travel experiences regardless of their wealth or status. Since our start, we've been passionate about helping people save money so they can travel better. Through that passion we have redefined how travelers budget and shop for best-in-class, Instagram-worthy luggage.
You will be joining iFLY at an exciting time in our journey. We have sold millions of units of luggage in just the past 5 years, become America's #1 rated and reviewed luggage brand and built a large network of iFLY travelers.
What you'll do more specifically...
- Create inspiring product designs for leading branded products in the travel and accessories categories
- Manage product development, from design through sampling and production
- Create "Tech Packs", provide specs and contribute throughout the product development process
- Conceptualize graphic art capsule collections for major brands, including our owned brands, licensed brands and collaborations
- Create packaging design concepts that support brand strategy
- Research topics for various graphic art projects
- Have at least 2 years of experience in graphic design
- Are skilled in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Love learning, problem-solving and taking on challenges
- Enjoy creating catalogues, look-books, packaging, displays and other marketing materials (for the web, email, social media and more)
- Manage complex workflows, are highly organized and can work on multiple projects
- Manage priorities and tight deadlines
- Thrive working in team environments
- Enjoy operating with a high-degree of autonomy in changing and fast-paced settings
- Have worked effectively in teams and are comfortable taking direction to grow your skill set
- Believe in the power of hard work, kindness, honesty, self-awareness, good judgment, empathy and positivity
- Have 100% patience for results and 0% patience for lack of initiative and effort
- Believe our travelers and retail partners come first
- Are passionate about helping people save money so they can travel better
- Love making products that are accessible to everyone, regardless of their wealth or status
- Have a head office located in Ville Saint-Laurent in Montreal, QC, which is where you'll be located
- Are excited to hear from you : )
Job Type: Full-time