MANAGER, RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Position Type: Full-Time, 35 hours/week, occasional evening/weekends required.
Location: 18 King Street East, Bolton, ON Deadline to Apply: May 10, 2019
Within our own five community service locations, six Peel Living buildings, and throughout the entirety of the Town of Caledon, Caledon Community Services (CCS) is helping shape the future of a caring and engaged Caledon community. A community builder since 1971, our many programs and services address community needs in a uniquely challenging and increasingly diverse community in the GTA. CCS is home to Caledon’s only accessible transportation program, the Exchange Community Hub that includes food supports and a range of activities, the Caledon Specialist Clinic, and personal support services for seniors. We offer settlement services and language classes for newcomers and comprehensive employment services for job seekers and local businesses. We provide paid training programs for Caledon youth as well as exciting internships and volunteer opportunities. Finally, we open our doors to the community daily within our two fabulous retail shopping destinations that support all of our programs. The breadth of our services makes for compelling opportunities to attract new friends and raise support for our work. Learn more at ccs4u.org.
Caledon Community Services is looking for a Manager, Resource Development to join our dynamic and entrepreneurial team of communications and fund development professionals.
Do you have a wide selection of fund development experience? Possibly some management experience in the field of fund development? And now you’re ready for the challenge to oversee the department? Are you ready to manage? Take the next step in your career.
Position Overview: The Manager, Resource Development helps set the stage for excellence in the execution of existing fundraising strategies and the development of new ones. The Manager cultivates new donors and retains existing ones by building a culture of appreciation and excellence in fulfilling our commitments to them. The Manager is a leader in building a team that attracts new support to sustain services and develop new resources for the Caledon community.
Position Deliverables/Accountabilities: Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Communications and Development, you are integral in advancing the strategic objectives of the Division and the agency overall. You work closely with fund development, communications and marketing staff and employ best practices in building relationships and engaging with stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze strengths, identify opportunities and develop recommendations for improving current fundraising and implementing new initiatives and donor relations systems, processes and procedures.
- Provide prudent and innovative approaches to continuously improve fundraising, donor relations and community engagement processes. You are a leader in capturing the Caledon community’s philanthropic opportunities and generating improved fundraising outcomes.
- Provide expertise, data/analytic and decision support to the Director and/or Senior Management that support the development of short term (1 year) and longer term (3 years) fund development and donor engagement strategies.
- Manage and execute annual fundraising events/campaigns including the support of volunteer committees and soliciting third party fundraisers.
- Maintain assigned budgets, timelines and work back schedules.
- Collaborate with a team to write funding proposals and reports as required.
- Manage, mentor and support fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Prepare progress reports and sponsorship fulfilment reports on results of fundraising and donor engagement events and campaigns for the Director and/or Senior Management, including analyses of processes, results and recommendations for improvements.
- Develop an effective Major Gifts Corporate Partnerships program that stewards the growth of relationships with higher-profile individuals, businesses and organizations across Caledon and beyond.
- Design and implement a grants application program that supports agency sustainability.
- Collaborate closely with the Communications and Marketing team to ensure all fundraising activities, events and promotional materials align with CCS’ key messaging and communication standards.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Infrastructure Division to ensure integrity of all donations, records and operational budgets as well as strict adherence to all policy and CRA legislation governing charitable organizations and CCS governance and operating policies.
- Ensure the effective utilization, accuracy, maintenance and confidentiality of fundraising database records.
- Serve on the agency’s Middle Management group (Operations Coordination Team) as the Communications and Development representative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Fundraising, Marketing/Communications or Business) or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation (or working toward) an asset;
Nature of Experience Required
- 2-3 years related experience in fund development, ideally in the not-for-profit sector;
- Supervisory/ management experience of individuals and teams an asset;
- Developing and executing multi-faceted, team-based fundraising and public relations initiatives;
- Overseeing operational budgets;
- Public Relations track record an asset;
- Previous volunteer experience an asset.
- Fundraising best practices
- Use of fundraising management software
- Major Gift, Planned Giving, Third-Party, etc.
- Large scale event experience such as gala and peer-to-peer pledge events
- Knowledge of CRA rules and regulations governing Canadian charities
- Familiarity with the Town of Caledon community an asset
- Project management/event management
- Social media proficiency
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solution-oriented, attention to detail and always strives for excellence;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including public speaking
- Keen sense of diplomacy
- Leadership, people-management, coaching and mentoring skills
- Confidently engage stakeholders at all levels to develop and maintain relationships with prospects, donors, senior level volunteers and influential community and corporate stakeholders
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and with data management systems (Donor Perfect)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other presentation software to support the work of fund development
- Experience with Google Docs platform an asset
- Driver’s license, access to vehicle, willingness to travel locally
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed
Sandra Sciulli, CHRP
Caledon Community Services
18 King Street East
Bolton, ON, L7E 1E8