The Dispatcher is responsible for communicating and coordinating shipping and route planning for all orders. The Dispatcher is responsible for marrying 3 areas of our business; medical equipment, medical supplies and prescription medication to ensure safe, cost effective and on time delivery.
The Dispatcher encompasses responsibilities of a shipping coordinator, route planner and warehouse shipper and will work a 37.5 hour work week, on rotating shifts, with evenings and weekends required.
Warehouse Shipper Responsibilities:
- Ensure all orders are accurately labelled and piece count verified
- Physically move temperature controlled items from cold storage to drivers/courier loading area
- Physically hand over all packages to drivers and ensure that route / packages are accurate
- Assist with general warehouse duties including ice pack management, , receiving returns / unsuccessful, etc.
- Manage Self Pick-up orders and processing of payment, as required
Shipping Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all orders are scanned prior to being shipped
- Responsible for continuously monitoring the shipping application, warning screens, email communications, traffic alerts, etc.
- Ensure medical equipment, medical supplies and prescription medication are combined with 1 stop delivery, when possible
Route Planner Responsibilities:
- Ability to build routes with density and use shipping program to ensure required delivery times are met
- Ensuring all deliveries are scanned, routed, labelled and checked accurately prior to being shipped
- Assign routes and print labels for deliveries being prepared for shipping
- Generate all shipping documentation
- Prioritize Rush shipments
- Energetic & Strong team player
- Able to work in a fast pace environment & multi-tasks
- Self Starter with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Proven Solving Skills
- Proficient knowledge of the GTA and surrounding area
- Role is physically demanding
- Strong communication skills – Oral & Written (dealing with internal & external partners)
- Computer literate (Office 365, Web Base Applications, In house software)
- Ability to work in broad temperature range (handing out route at this time of year, walk in cooler)
- Flexible and able to work various shifts to meet the requirements of our evolving business (occasional weekends)
- Must be clear of any convictions regardless of content or quantity; a clean criminal background check is required as part of the offer.