Who we are:
Caring for Life. Make a difference. Be the difference.
If you are looking to work for a growing, global corporation that is focused on making meaningful improvements in the safety, affordability, and availability of the care medical professionals provide to their patients, then you should consider Calea Ltd.
We are an employer that works to build great leaders, teams and businesses. We know our employees are key to everything we accomplish, so we give them the freedom and resources to reach their potential and the opportunity to work with managers who care about their professional development. We value integrity, encourage collaboration, celebrate passion, reward creativity, and demand excellence — because our customers deserve nothing less and our customers are at the heart of every one of our goals.
As a part of this organization, you can enjoy an exciting career, a company culture based on a clear purpose and values, and the knowledge that your work makes a real difference. If you would like to learn more about us, we would love to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Procurement team, in the role of Buyer.
The Buyer is responsible for the timely acquisition of materials necessary to support the production and service requirements of the company, according to departmental standards of quality, quantity, cost and supplier service. The incumbent will also assist in the development of functional procedures for purchasing and inventory management activities.
The Buyer is responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory to support the daily operation of the company by planning and placing purchase orders for their assigned product categories. The incumbent is the prime contact for internal clients from customer service, pharmacy, sales & marketing and the warehouses, and must gather, interpret and disseminate information as well as investigating and setting up new products.
The Impact You Will Make:
The Buyer will use their skills and knowledge to establish and maintain effective relationships with vendors, to monitor their performance, and to assist in contract negotiations. The incumbent must also manage the levels of inventory of their product categories based on standard practices. Knowledge of purchasing procedures, strong communication and decision-making skills, accuracy and analytical skills are essential. The Buyer must also be adaptable to changes of responsibility as dictated by business needs.
- Determine and place appropriate purchase orders by effective correspondence with vendors ensuring conformance to standard practices.
- Investigate and reconcile errors or discrepancies.
- Serve as the primary contact for internal clients throughout the organization, responding to inquiries about existing and new products, vendors, and market conditions, by obtaining information and knowledge through external sources and internal training initiatives.
- Identify key strategic vendors, and implement procedures to foster partnering relationships, ensuring alignment of capabilities and motivations.
- Create and maintain ongoing effective relationships with vendors to ensure high levels of service, to strengthen and optimize the vendor base, and be aware of potential new sources of supply. Be able to identify potential opportunities, and take necessary actions to capture benefits. Implement, maintain and monitor vendor evaluation tools (scorecards) and leverage results to improve performance.
- Take responsibility for establishing purchase prices with assigned vendors, and assisting in negotiations with large vendors and contracts. Maintain vendor contracts and quotes on the ERP system, ensuring updates are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with suppliers to resolve problems, and implement necessary internal corrective procedures.
- Assist in achieving departmental objectives in areas of cost reduction/profit contribution, functional improvements, and maximization of inventory investment, in order to support corporate strategic plans.
- Review open purchase order information provided by the Purchasing Coordinator at set intervals. Assume the lead role in expediting delinquent shipments where necessary, and take appropriate action with vendors. Develop required corrective action plans, and notify appropriate internal clients.
- Maintain inventory system. Set up new codes according to established procedures, make changes to various data files including Reorder Points and Quantities, Vendor Part Numbers, and Descriptions. Coordinate Standard Cost updates with the Materials Inventory Clerk. Initiate activities and documentation for samples, interbranch transfers etc.
- College diploma or certificate in purchasing or related studies required.
- Must be actively pursuing professional accreditation (Certified Professional Purchaser program, minimum Level 1 completed).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels both inside and outside the organization
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and an ERP system such as SAP an asset
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle fluctuating workloads
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent continuous improvement skills
- Proven ability to adhere to standards & procedures and maintain confidentiality
- Minimum 2 years of experience in purchasing, at the Buyer or Junior Buyer level, preferably with a hospital or health care organization.
- Responsive and flexible, with a strong bias for action, the incumbent must be able to perform in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Regulatory procedures and techniques an asset.
- Must be able to work with various computer programs and have the ability to learn new programs quickly and use them efficiently