Why Join Us?
Caldwell, Taylor & Brown Ltd. is a small, CPA firm striving to provide the best client service and experience in the West End. We offer our staff challenging work and plenty of opportunity to grow and develop your career. If you're looking for a small company where your voice will be heard, your contributions valued, and your abilities challenged, CTB may be the place for you!
What You'll Be Doing:
Assist the professional staff by providing basic tax return preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services. You may also be asked to prepare work papers and schedules for financial or complex tax engagements.
Some of the essential job functions include:
- Potentially preparing basic tax returns and, on more complex tax engagements, accumulate data for tax return preparation
- Performing bookkeeping and payroll services for clients- Preparing financial and tax work papers, including trial balances, depreciation schedules, and debt amortization schedules
- Enter data for computer applications
- Prepare sales tax and payroll returns for clients
- Communicating with the IRS regarding tax notices and transcript requests
Who We're Looking For:
- Our ideal candidate is a smart, organized individual who has a professional background and is looking to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Balancing multiple projects doesn't daunt you, and you're eager to learn new tasks and computer systems.
- This is a perfect fit for you if you're a self-starter and can work effectively even when you're given minimal direction or formal training.
- You'll enjoy working in a dynamic environment where priorities and tasks can change from day to day, but you'll also find comfort in performing duties frequently enough to develop expertise.
- If you're our ideal candidate you'll be able to demonstrate a proven ability to learn new processes and software, an aptitude for numbers and analysis, and advanced computer skills in all Microsoft programs, especially Excel.
- You'll need great communication skills to effectively work with clients and your colleagues.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation
- 8-10 years experience preferred and a 2 or 4 year degree is highly preferable, but we would consider a combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Strong Tax preparation skills preferred.
- Flexible hours, Full-time or Part-time available
What Makes This a Great Place to Work?
Not only does CTB offer employees a competitive salary and benefits package (PTO, group medical plan, dental and vision coverage option, company matched 401k, and more), but we also offer a fun and casual atmosphere focused on team work. We encourage our staff to continue to grow and develop in their role and beyond, so there's always a next step to work towards. You'll love coming to work all year round.
Learn more about our firm at http://www.ctbcpa.com/
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Typical start time:
Typical end time: