Help Desk Analyst – Job Posting | April 2019
Building Beautiful Homes in Premier Communities Since 1978.
Calbridge Homes was founded on a strong family history with an unwavering passion and
dedication for the art of homebuilding. Four decades later, we believe in
making a difference in peoples’ lives and our reputation has grown with a
commitment to quality, integrity, and lasting customer relationships. We design
quality crafted, creative and innovative homes for all types of families and
lifestyles in Calgary’s premier communities.
Are you a recent or upcoming IT grad? Are you a creative and innovative thinker who is
looking for an entry level opportunity to develop and expand your IT skill set? Do you have a strong customer focus and a passion for the work you do? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can apply your IT knowledge in a forward thinking and engaging work place? If so,
Calbridge wants to hear from you!
Location: Calgary; some travel to on-site locations
Posting Close Date: April 15th, 2019
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Help Desk Analyst is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. The Help Desk Analyst is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the IT ticketing system. The ideal candidate possesses experience in an
IT-support capacity, relevant technical knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills, an ability to create and maintain relationships with clients and prides themselves in time management and organizational skills.
As a Help Desk Analyst for Calbridge Homes you will:
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution in-person, on-site, via telephone, e-mail; resolving end-user IT issues, including password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, internet connectivity and configurations;
- Assist in the IT setup of new showhomes and takedown after completion.
- Prioritize, input and maintain IT tickets and resolutions using IT software management system;
- Categorize tickets to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs;
- Attend and conduct training sessions for end-users; create training materials for end-users (ie. How To and FAQ materials);
- Administer directory and security systems;
- Administer systems monitoring may including servers;
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues;
- Diagnose and resolve network issues (ie. LAN access);
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to IT Lead;
- Where necessary, assist in installing telecom modems, switches, network cabling, etc;
- Participate in: moves, additions and changes to network and systems (possible afterhours);
- Follow workflow process in RMA of equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements;
- Administration and maintenance of all equipment signout, reports, and other documents, and,
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
What you need to be a Help Desk Analyst for Calbridge Homes:
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a college or university degree preferred; or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience;
- ITIL, COBIT or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification an asset;
- 1 to 2 years of direct work experience in an IT-support capacity;
- Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, knowledge of computer workstation setup; and ability to provide support for a wide range of applications;
- A team player with a strong customer service mindset, and an ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills; ability to communicate in user-friendly language;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite;
- Application support for corporate software.
- Basic networking knowledge and skillset;
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources; sound judgment with the ability to escalate issues to senior IT team members;
- Knowledge of IT management software tools; experience with an ERP an asset;
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills;
Working Condition Requirements:
- Some local area travel; a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, is required (mileage reimbursed);
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals; the ability to physically inspect equipment and lift at least 50 lbs; and
- Overtime as required, time taken in lieu.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
As an employee at Calbridge Homes,
you’ll enjoy competitive wages, benefits, training, flexibility, and a dynamic
and exciting work environment!
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel that you'd be a great addition to the Calbridge team, please submit your application. We're eager to meet a like-minded person that wants to drive their career and our business forward!
Please submit your application no later than April 15th, 2019. We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.